Thursday, July 30, 2015

* Jesus pray for me
* Jacob pray for me

AYO SON, SO DA ANGEL OF THE LORD TRIED TO ROLL UP ON ME LIKE HE DONE LOST HIS MIND!!! I BE LIKE SON - DONT YOU KNOW IM FROM WASHINGTON DC??? AKA CHOCOLATE CITY??? I.WILL.GRAB.YOU.BY.THE.FEATHERS AND PUT YOU IN THE ROCK BOTTOM GOD #WOOOOOOOO!!! UNTIL YOU BLESS ME GOD!!!


+---Peniel; Jacob’s/Tony’s Thoughts The Day After Fighting With An Angel

I had no strength, I had to convalesce.
Kneeling with my finger dipped in
pensive currents of deep questioning,
a shallowed soul (futilely?) seeking
solace in the stream, my face paled,
bathed in the white overlay of a somber
night’s moon (gazing down stoically),
I tried to ignore the
insidious chill of the dark breeze,
to disregard the benumbing of my
bones. This was the onset of prospective
rigor mortis of a long life laden with
the utmost potential somehow wasted,
dying.
In the preceding hours, I let my cherished
dreams and ambitions pass before me
unguarded- two wives, two
womenservants, and eleven sons
slowly treading over Jabbok, ford
of the avuncular anguish of a man with
no answers left – who abdicated
all hope, hoping instead to die
at the bank of the brook quietly...
unnoticed by gods and men.
Suddenly, my conscience teetering
at the precipice of irreversible
disconsolation, only seconds after
midnight, I was ambushed
by a surge of positive thought, as if
the entirety of my massive, brooding
body of pessimism was clenched, roughly,
about the neck by a hulking man
and slammed to the ground:
combustion of dust, blood,
feathers and screaming. I felt all the
doubtful resentments I ever held rising
defensively within me as this angelic
outlook on life-
newfound joy, charity, and love- and my
despair rolled over rocks
and sticks brawling with each other
ferociously, my sinewy and snarky vertebrae
of the past refusing to be broken, resisting
every urge to believe in a better tomorrow.
My fists of foreboding swinging violently,
rage of my regret over missed
opportunities, the heavenly being then
pleaded for a truce, seeing no
quick end to the scuffle; Also the sun
was rising, and this dream of mine
was sure to end in disappointment,
the likelihood of the redemption of my
self-esteem was becoming more dubious
with each passing second.
“Bless me,” I demanded, tears of sorrow
pouring down my cheeks, pain of a life
scarred with abuses,
“Bless me or I wont let go.”
He told me “Your name is no longer
Tony, but thejesusmetaphor…
for you have sought God through poetry
and prevailed.” I let go, in hysterics
panting.
I remember, only faintly, upon waking, that
whoever He was, He was coy about
telling me His name– and that as I crossed
waters of faith to look for my family,
he was strong enough to dislodge the
right hip of my unbelief in myself
permanently
from its socket, for my former
travails of forlornness can no longer
gallivant cavalierly through my mind.  
From now on whenever I am tempted
towards despair, I halt upon my thigh
resting while I laugh at my bad mood
painfully limping. I close
my eyes now and muse on that night,
grateful that my perspective has been
forever crippled
for the better.

(I rise a new man full of happiness now. I rise up as THEJESUSMETAPHOR...NO LONGER JACOB. MY FORMER IDENTITY VANISHING AS IF IN A DREAM)

---Genesis 32:22-31
And he rose up that night, and took his two wives, and his two womenservants, and his eleven sons, and passed over the ford Jabbok. And he took them, and sent them over the brook, and sent over that he had. And Jacob was left alone; and there wrestled a man with him until the breaking of the day. And when he saw that he prevailed not against him, he touched the hollow of his thigh; and the hollow of Jacob's thigh was out of joint, as he wrestled with him. And he said, Let me go, for the day breaketh. And he said, I will not let thee go, except thou bless me. And he said unto him, What is thy name? And he said, Jacob. And he said, Thy name shall be called no more Jacob, but Israel: for as a prince hast thou power with God and with men, and hast prevailed. And Jacob asked him, and said, Tell me, I pray thee, thy name. And he said, Wherefore is it that thou dost ask after my name? And he blessed him there. And Jacob called the name of the place Peniel: for I have seen God face to face, and my life is preserved. And as he passed over Penuel the sun rose upon him, and he halted upon his thigh.

No comments: