Monday, August 1, 2011

LOve Is Dead Pt 2; My Snake Bitten Washington National's Game Is Eve's Curse





"This system, this enterprise called love is intrinsically flawed; We were never meant to win, a girl never meant to completely satisfy the heart, romance never meant to set the heart aflutter the way the sunset refracts its glow off the dark side of a mountain, or a rainbow passes through clouds but never parts them, or shade and tree limbs swaying in the cool winds that provide a sanctuary in the midst of a sweltering summer haze. If it is peace you seek after and solace for your pains, run away from love and away from girls for these are only the gateways for the realizations of your worst fears suddenly set upon you - unfamiliar with any semblance of mercy. I fell in love with a girl once, and she told me that she was glad she was dating me since our relationship made it easier for her to discern what she didn’t want in her husband. Contrarily, our relationship was my lifeblood, my soul’s breath. Another example then: I liked this girl right (blonde, beautiful, buxom), and completely gratuitously she said my love poems about her (not to her) were a form of harassment and basically set out on a path to destroy me, proving to be very injurious indeed. Another example: I asked this girl out to lunch thrice, every instance of which she spurned, though after 3 months of silence and absence when she happens to run into me, smiles and speaks to me as though the lopsided transaction of the emotions that occurred between us was nothing out of the ordinary and happily traipses off, not even once addressing my unfulfilled longings. We were not meant to win, let me reiterate. This is not an expose of the fickleness of women, no, this is an indictment on love – how many women have had men exhibit similar actions? Give up on this thing called love, people, and be miserable like me – forever hoping for someone who doesn’t exist, though now fully enlightened to this fact!"

Yo, yo yoooooooo! So son, I was at the Nats game da otha nite right? And good lawdy-do, I swear I done saw the finest girl a few rows ahead of me! She had this sort of jean shorts/overall combo ensemble, with a black halter top underneath right? So, so, as the game wore on and my resistance to her beauty became more tenuous I happened to get caught awestruck on the verge of drooling, her eyes directly meeting mine! And she didn’t roll her eyes in disdain in the ensuing moments!!! GOOD-LAWDY!!! So I fell in love for a split second, until she left the park in the middle of the 9th inning, again making eye contact as she walked past my row to the nearest stadium exit! Oh how bittersweet! “Parting is such bitter sweet sorrow that I should say good-night until it be `morrow’” WHY OH WHY AM I SO ODIOUS IN THE EYES OF FATE TO HAVE CHEMISTRY WITH AN EPHEMERAL (SUPER HOT) GIRL??? LOVE IS DEAD! L-L—LOVE IS DEAD!


-------/Nats' Girl, Im Snake bitten, Knowing You Is Knowing Eve's Curse


A chilling gust of wind (of hopelessness)
invading
a sweltering humid July night – baseballs pitched
in paradise: numinous
because I always presumed lovers to be antithetical
to sport, no one wins and no one loses it just is
a state of being. Being Eden
but the contrast just serves to accentuate the splendor of
what my emotions for you will never be:
a strike, a hapless team, cheap beer and overpriced hotdogs
and out of the ground of destiny Love gathered together
(at the bottom of the eighth inning)
a clump of mud and breathed
A-dam, a man
and
seeing that man lonely and aimless it put me to sleep
momentarily as I bounced my eyes around the stadium spastically
looking for meaning, exuberance and inspiration
and those garish presidential mascots exuding buffoonery....
Suddenly I saw you and hastened to proclaim WOOAHHH-MAN!!!
This hottie in the overalls will be called woman, for she
makes my insides tingle as though she is the missing part of me
I didn't even know I was desperately searching for
Her rib is mine, my eyes hers, our bodies’ each others'
Intertwined (in my daydreams)
we sweetly stared savoring sacred and salacious
connotations – locked in a glance for the longest 3 seconds ever!
But the top of the ninth inning was Satan slithering shrewdly
suggesting you depart, that you eat fruit from a tree
of disingenuous knowledge – of good without me, of evil
ambitions to leave for the metro and never look back brushing off our
chemistry as incidental, or unsubstantiated – that you would just
as soon and easily find another empty, lonely forlorn man
waiting to give his heart away in earnest
....smacking Love in the face and wilting all the flowers in Eden
the leaves withering
the beasts and birds becoming more cynical,
carnivorous
– the land of our predestined piece of heavenly marital bliss
rocked to its very core
as you walked past, I stared blankly and apathetically ahead
oblivious to the Nationals getting crushed by the Marlins
(what else is new?)
trying to downplay the forfeiture of eternal life
mulling morosely mortality maddeningly
and like I said the July heat never felt so cold
when we gazed at each other you bruised the serpentine
saboteur's (of spurning special chances) head
but when you just off and left the stadium without frickin saying
anything to me, girl
he bruised your (and my) heel for which
I am now nursing

....and maybe forever



--Genesis 3:14-15---
So the LORD God said to the serpent:
"Because you have done this,
You are cursed more than all cattle,
And more than every beast of the field;
On your belly you shall go,
And you shall eat dust
All the days of your life.
And I will put enmity
Between you and the woman,
And between your seed and her Seed;
He shall bruise your head,
And you shall bruise His heel."

No comments: