Friday, July 29, 2011

Lunch Never Forever LOve is Dead Pt 1




- Dedicated to Drake, Marvins Room

"This system, this enterprise called love is intrinsically flawed; We were never meant to win, a girl never meant to completely satisfy the heart, romance never meant to set the heart aflutter the way the sunset refracts its glow off the dark side of a mountain, or a rainbow passes through clouds but never parts them, or shade and tree limbs swaying in the cool winds that provide a sanctuary in the midst of a sweltering summer haze. If it is peace you seek after and solace for your pains, run away from love and away from girls for these are only the gateways for the realizations of your worst fears suddenly set upon you - unfamiliar with any semblance of mercy. I fell in love with a girl once, and she told me that she was glad she was dating me since our relationship made it easier for her to discern what she didn’t want in her husband. Contrarily, our relationship was my lifeblood, my soul’s breath. Another example then: I liked this girl right (blonde, beautiful, buxom), and completely gratuitously she said my love poems about her (not to her) were a form of harassment and basically set out on a path to destroy me, proving to be very injurious indeed. Another example: I asked this girl out to lunch thrice, every instance of which she spurned, though after 3 months of silence and absence when she happens to run into me, smiles and speaks to me as though the lopsided transaction of the emotions that occurred between us was nothing out of the ordinary and happily traipses off, not even once addressing my unfulfilled longings. We were not meant to win, let me reiterate. This is not an expose of the fickleness of women, no, this is an indictment on love – how many women have had men exhibit similar actions? Give up on this thing called love, people, and be miserable like me – forever hoping for someone who doesn’t exist, though now fully enlightened to this fact!"

////
John 8:21 - Once more Jesus said to them, "I am going away, and you will look for me, and you will die in your sin. Where I go, you cannot come" LOve is Dead (Pt1)
------/Lunch Never Forever


Through the course of our conversations
I traveled with you on dirt roads in an ancient world
you freaking healed my heart
sickened
forlorn
atrophied from
lack of a heavenly body and heavenly voice from heaven
on a mission to save me; putting to death my fears of flesh
and blood pouring on paramours that pushed me away
cutting my soul
running from me as the sun sets and before the
wolves of my tyrannous unforgiving low self esteem
ravage my mind assuring me
no one
no
one will ever love me. head on my folded arms on my knees
crying at night alone far from an earshot of
those who think I have my life together; Im not an immaculate
portrait (without you);
and raising my hopes to life with spiritual ambitions
of marrying you and holding your neck
gently as I lean in for a kiss, as ocean waves crash overtop our
gazebo, pillars adorned with winding red roses strung together
your infectious smile was like five loaves and two fish
that fed the ravenous disheveled mob of my
desires – including women and children, the more practical
and innocent ones -
to hold hands with a beautiful woman
You opened my eyes blind since birth that could never have
seen or perceived (pure fantasy)
me date a white woman, who actually cared for me
face full of acne, body full of nervous angst
but what about
"I am going away, and you will look for me,
and you will die in your sin?"
These are the words your refusal to do lunch proclaimed
and Im shivering in my sleep all over again
inconsolable night grief in my bed
though its summer
and you are walking on the Sea of Galilee in my dreams
I reach out
but then I get afraid, my sin
and its like you are releasing your hand
though you promised tentatively to do lunch
you walked away
and deep down I know
"Where I go, you cannot come"
and vice versa


--------Marvins Room Lyrics

Marvin’s Room Lyrics
by Drake
[Woman on phone]
"hello
Yeah I just walked in
Yeah I'm good you still working?
Tonight, right now?
'Did I go out' yeah I went out
I went, I went to a couple of clubs
I never went to bed
S* wine or water
You should see someone about a cold drink
I don't know, I'm delirious....night"

[Drake - verse 1]
Cups of the rose
Bitches in my old phone
I should call one and go home
I've been in this club too long
The woman that I would try
Is happy with a good guy

But I've been drinking so much
That I'ma call her anyway and say
"f that nigga that you love so bad
I know you still think about the times we had"
I say "f that nigga that you think you found
And since you picked up I know he’s not around"

(Are you drunk right now?)

I'm just sayin', you could do better
Tell me have you heard that lately?
I'm just sayin' you could do better
And I'll start hatin', only if you make me

Uh, cups of the XO
All my people been here
I see all of her friends here
Guess she don't have the time to kick it no more
Flights in the morning
What you doing that's so important?

I've been drinking so much
That I'ma call you anyway and say
"F that nigga that you love so bad
I know you still think about the times we had"
I say "f that nigga that you think you found
And since you picked up I know he’s not around"

(are you drunk right now?)

I'm just sayin', you could do better
Tell me have you heard that lately
I'm just sayin' you could do better
And I'll start hatin', only if you make me

I think I’m addicted to naked pictures
And sittin talkin 'bout b*
That we almost had
I don’t think I'm concious of making monsters
Outta the women that I sponsor til it all goes bad
But s* it's all good
We threw a party, yeh we threw a party
B* came over, yeh, we threw a party
I was just calling cause they were just leaving
Talk to me please, don't have much to believe in
I need you right now, are you down to listen to me?
Too many drinks have been given to me
I got some women thats living off me
Paid for their flights and hotels I'm ashamed
Bet that you know them, I won't say no names
After a while girl they all seem the same
I've had sex four times this week I'll explain
Having a hard time adjusting to fame
Sprite in that mixture, I've been talking crazy girl
I'm lucky that you picked up
Lucky that you stayed on
I need someone to put this weight on

[Drake and woman on phone]
"well I'm sorry" [Drake]
"are you drunk right now?" [woman]

I'm just sayin', you could do better
Tell me have you heard that lately
I'm just sayin' you could do better
And I'll start hatin', only if you make me

[Drake on phone]
"you're not going to come?"
"guess I'm bout to just kick it here then..."

Just throw up while I hold your hair back
Her white friend said "you niggas crazy"
I hope no-one heard that
I hope no-one heard that
Cause if they did, we gon' be in some trouble
We gon' be in some trouble

No comments: