Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Amanda Seyfried Dont Destroy Egypt...please?




-------------------/Amanda Seyfried Broke Up With Me; She's Going To Destroy Egypt!


Zoan is like my heart cursed with the dearth
of your presence and affection
all signs of strength and vitality are gone
my cheeks have lost their ruddiness
my smile doesn't have the will to show my teeth –
to feign happiness underneath a pall of sad insecurity
all the while that Im alone
watching Mean Girls over and over again
eating ice cream, then tipping it over in fits of crying
and armrest head-bashing
(Neapolitan, the best when youre around – the worst solo)
the waters of the river of my happiness have dried up
the canals of unrestrained aspiration for your kiss stink
whenever I dream Im kissing you and awake
realizing I haven't brushed or flossed for days in a lethargic stupor
of crestfallenness
but when you loved me I remember lush reeds and verdant rushes
vibrant salubrious plants
of your cheerful words and joyous optimism......
now withered
There are no more fish of opportunity in my seas
you were the only one
because when I cast my worn metal hooks of seeking you
and throw in my nets of enthusiasm at the prospect of you
coming back to me
and letting me hold you as we count the constellations
comprised of innumerable stars
there is no yield but my pining and groaning
and stomping on the boat floor
levity abounded, a surfeit of levity you engendered in me
even my clothes from Target felt like
Versace and Coogi
your soft skin on my rough fingers made me feel like
the most lionized and decorated weaver of fine linens
all my outfits matched
I washed my jeans
I buttoned the top collar of my shirt and wore ties
and blazers with my chucks, baby
but now Ive lost hope and came to the real awareness
of my pretention
I am the (not so) Great Gatsby and you Daisy
I shop at Walmart, I shop at Old Navy – Not Prada or R. Lauren
How can I be a disciple of ancient kings of romance like Romeo
if you don't love me Amanda
how can I have knowledge of what horrid fate will befall me
or be like one of the wise men
and save my land?


(PLEASE –PLEEZZ COME BACK AMANDA, BABY!!! DON'T YOU!! DON'T YOU BREAK UP WITH ME GUURRRLLLL!)

(I promise to watch Red Riding Hood Thrice!! I WILL BLOW THAT BIG BAD WOLF'S HOUSE DOWN FOR A CHANGE)

-----------Isaiah 19:5-12
The waters of the river will dry up,
and the riverbed will be parched and dry.
The canals will stink;
the streams of Egypt will dwindle and dry up.
The reeds and rushes will wither,
also the plants along the Nile,
at the mouth of the river.
Every sown field along the Nile
will become parched, will blow away and be no more.
The fishermen will groan and lament,
all who cast hooks into the Nile;
those who throw nets on the water
will pine away.
Those who work with combed flax will despair,
the weavers of fine linen will lose hope.
The workers in cloth will be dejected,
and all the wage earners will be sick at heart.
The officials of Zoan are nothing but fools;
the wise counselors of Pharaoh give senseless advice.
How can you say to Pharaoh,
"I am one of the wise men,
a disciple of the ancient kings"?
Where are your wise men now?
Let them show you and make known
what the LORD Almighty
has planned against Egypt.

No comments: