Friday, November 12, 2010

Embalm




* Dedicated to J*ne, J**n....awww heck - dedicated to all the girls I've ever wanted to marry!

*Dedicated to Taylor Swift "Love Story"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8xg3vE8Ie_E

--------------------/Embalm


You and me together is my wildest fantasy
when I picture us together its like rousing out of a deep
exhaustive
sleep, partially in a dream state and I hear the ambient noises
of people chattering in a distance, their words indistinct
Im in my room, the door slightly ajar. flickering light creeps in
then suddenly Im transported to a steep mountain ridge overlooking
turbulent seas
cold gusty night
crashing obstreperous waves
holding your hand gazing into your eyes then into the waters
as storm clouds hasten and form over our heads
pouring down rain, drenching us
wet together
Then I snap awake
people around me are screaming fire in the house
imploring me to go
but I force myself back to sleep
just to see your face again
stinging, caustic suffocating black smoke endured
just to see your face again
J*ne, listen to me
let me love you until this world burns
you and I can stay together though the skies
portend destruction and we are one slip away from defeat
(no one wants us in love, and you have your doubts)
even if six other men let you down, and you yearn for true reckoning
don’t fret and plunge
I will be the seventh fragment that pieced together
unlocks and sets your heart free....
and we will stand together
cold and shivering waiting to perish interlocked in embrace;
the remaining time we have wanes
so love me fully
caress my face fully
ephemeral affection, deteriorating kisses, fading hugs
(with everlasting strength)
and when everything is drawn to a close
burned in fires of Judicious Transition
embalm these words as a seal upon your heart
because in the end: in the resurrection
we'll be like angels forsaking these memories
forgetting whats behind us
waking up eternally to true consciousness never turning back
releasing our romance -
never to dream again




------------------------------------
Luke 20:27-40
There came to him some Sadducees, those who deny that there is a resurrection, and they asked him a question, saying, "Teacher, Moses wrote for us that if a man's brother dies, having a wife but no children, the man must take the widow and raise up offspring for his brother. Now there were seven brothers. The first took a wife, and died without children. And the second and the third took her, and likewise all seven left no children and died. Afterward the woman also died. In the resurrection, therefore, whose wife will the woman be? For the seven had her as wife." And Jesus said to them, "The sons of this age marry and are given in marriage, but those who are considered worthy to attain to that age and to the resurrection from the dead neither marry nor are given in marriage, for they cannot die anymore, because they are equal to angels and are sons of God, being sons of the resurrection. But that the dead are raised, even Moses showed, in the passage about the bush, where he calls the Lord the God of Abraham and the God of Isaac and the God of Jacob. Now he is not God of the dead, but of the living, for all live to him." Then some of the scribes answered, "Teacher, you have spoken well." For they no longer dared to ask him any question.


-----------------/
-Love Story lyrics
We were both young when I first saw you.
I close my eyes, and the flashback starts,
I'm standing there,
On the balcony in summer air.

I see the lights, see the party, the ballgowns.
See you make your way through the crowd,
And say, "Hello",
Little did I know,

That you were Romeo,
You were throwing pebbles,
And my daddy said, "Stay away from Juliet."
And I was crying on the staircase,
Begging you, "Please don't go".

And I said,
"Romeo, take me somewhere we can be alone.
I'll be waiting, all that's left to do is run.
You be the prince, and I'll be the princess,
It's a love story, baby, just say, 'yes'."

So I sneak out to the garden to see you,
We keep quiet, 'cause we're dead if he knew,
So close your eyes,
Escape this town for a little while.

'Cause you were Romeo,
I was a scarlet letter,
And my daddy said, "Stay away from Juliet."
But you were everything to me,
Begging you, "Please don't go".

And I said,
"Romeo, take me somewhere we can be alone.
I'll be waiting, all that's left to do is run.
You be the prince, and I'll be the princess,
It's a love story, baby, just say, 'yes'."

"Romeo, save me, they're trying to tell me how to feel.
This love is difficult, but it's real.
Don't be afraid, we'll make it of this mess,
It's a love story, baby, just say, 'yes'."

Well, I got tired of waiting,
Wondering if you were ever coming around.
My faith in you was fading,
When I met you on the outskirts of town.

And I said,
"Romeo, save me, I've been feeling so alone.
I keep waiting for you, but you never come.
Is this in my head,
I don't know what to think,"

You knelt to the ground,
And pulled out a ring and said,
"Marry me, Juliet, you'll never have to be alone.
I love you, and that's all I really know.
I talked to your dad, go pick out a white dress,
It's a love story, baby just say yes."

We were both young when I first saw you....

No comments: