Thursday, August 25, 2016

Hope Flaming #IamMoses



* Jesus pray for me
* Moses pray for me
* Saints pray for me
#IamMoses


+--------Hope Flaming; The Thoughts Of Moses Upon Seeing The Angel Of God In The  Burning Bush

At night in the desert
raging rushes of wind nearly
topple me, they are evocative
of the cold chill of my past sins:
unsteady cyclones of dirt, snake,
rock, and tumbleweed that surge
by me… I think of the Egyptian
I slaughtered and buried. I think of
playing senet as a boy with my
adoptive mother, the sly smile
of Pharaoh jaunting by in gaudy
headdress. All I wanted then
was to ride chariots but now this.
A sand fugitive all alone anguished
about improbabilities of redemption,
what would be a flicker in the
starless sky that my life is. I see
a bush burning but not
being consumed....It feels as if
God is beckoning to me as one
dignified, imploring me to remove
my sandals, to listen for His Name,
so I can believe in myself again.

------Exodus 3:1-5
Now Moses kept the flock of Jethro his father in law, the priest of Midian: and he led the flock to the backside of the desert, and came to the mountain of God, even to Horeb. And the angel of the Lord appeared unto him in a flame of fire out of the midst of a bush: and he looked, and, behold, the bush burned with fire, and the bush was not consumed. And Moses said, I will now turn aside, and see this great sight, why the bush is not burnt. And when the Lord saw that he turned aside to see, God called unto him out of the midst of the bush, and said, Moses, Moses. And he said, Here am I. And he said, Draw not nigh hither: put off thy shoes from off thy feet, for the place whereon thou standest is holy ground.

No comments: