Wednesday, July 6, 2016

The Temple Tax Of Our Love #TaylorDateTony


* Jesus pray for me
* Matthew, Peter pray for me
* Saints pray for me
* Dedicated to #TaylorDateTony

+--------The Temple Tax Of Our Love

Taylor, my singleness has
been severely avaricious to me,
it is a Rome-friendly Hebrew group
of bearded tax collectors,
unscrupulous men in scraggly
robes, threadbare sandals
demanding proof of my plan
to find a date, hard evidence of a
girlfriend, the two-drachma
temple tax of lovers. I am a poor
man in this regard. My heart but a
credulous disciple hopeful one day
of romance’s salvation, but with
barely any of that type of currency.
Oh babes, wont you date me?
Starbucks with you would be
a four-drachma coin plucked from
the belly of a fish in a lake of
greatest expectations. To stare
into your blue eyes over an expresso
would make me feel like a king's
child- all expenses paid. And you'd
be my dirty blonde princess, divine.


------Matthew 17:24-27
After Jesus and his disciples arrived in Capernaum, the collectors of the two-drachma temple tax came to Peter and asked, “Doesn’t your teacher pay the temple tax?” “Yes, he does,” he replied. When Peter came into the house, Jesus was the first to speak. “What do you think, Simon?” he asked. “From whom do the kings of the earth collect duty and taxes—from their own children or from others?” “From others,” Peter answered. “Then the children are exempt,” Jesus said to him. “But so that we may not cause offense, go to the lake and throw out your line. Take the first fish you catch; open its mouth and you will find a four-drachma coin. Take it and give it to them for my tax and yours.

No comments: