Wednesday, July 20, 2016

To Honor My Fathers #IamQueenEsther


* Jesus pray for me
* Saints pray for me
* Esther pray for me
#IamQueenEsther

+--------"To Honor My Fathers; The Last Words Of Esther To Mordecai  Before Fasting And Visiting The King"' 

[Benjamin is a ravenous wolf;
in the morning he devours the prey,
in the evening he divides the
plunder”] - Genesis 49:27

- these words of Jacob plunder my
sleep. I start to dream of Haman writing
my name in my spattered blood on
palatial walls, epithets of his vile
racist hatred for a former Queen of
a former peoples. Exterminated maybe.
Then I wake sweating thinking of babies’
horror at spear-tips of churlish immoral
Persian soldiers lancing the family
cattle, or swords in the Death Angel’s
suspension one inch from their innocent
faces. But I must be strong.
In just three days
I walk to the furthest edge of my courage,
to the King’s throne illicitly uninvited to try
to save my people, to honor everything
said of Benjamin my Father. To lose life
perhaps. I walk to the edge of the world.

------Esther 4:9-16
Hathak went back and reported to Esther what Mordecai had said. Then she instructed him to say to Mordecai, “All the king’s officials and the people of the royal provinces know that for any man or woman who approaches the king in the inner court without being summoned the king has but one law: that they be put to death unless the king extends the gold scepter to them and spares their lives. But thirty days have passed since I was called to go to the king.” When Esther’s words were reported to Mordecai, he sent back this answer: “Do not think that because you are in the king’s house you alone of all the Jews will escape. For if you remain silent at this time, relief and deliverance for the Jews will arise from another place, but you and your father’s family will perish. And who knows but that you have come to your royal position for such a time as this?” Then Esther sent this reply to Mordecai: “Go, gather together all the Jews who are in Susa, and fast for me. Do not eat or drink for three days, night or day. I and my attendants will fast as you do. When this is done, I will go to the king, even though it is against the law. And if I perish, I perish.”

No comments: