Monday, June 6, 2016

The Call


* Jesus pray for me
* Abraham pray for me
* Saints pray for me
#IamAbram

+--------The Call; Abram's Thoughts On Leaving Harran

I would love to stay, honestly.
But despite my creature comforts
of abundance, my heart wails
beneath the stars, I cant sleep
at night, the memoirs of a soul
distressed. I look at my camels,
they look at me – and tremble.
They hear it too, dust whispers,
zephyr speak, zephyr songs,
inner locutions of heart narrating
a winding road ascending a
mirage of a large Mountain???,
sporadic visions during the day
of a place far, far from here. Terah,
my father, always said “trust in life’s
journeying not its destinations.”
Its like, all of a sudden, God is
saying “Abram, forsake Harran for
The Fascination Of The Unknown.”  


------Genesis 12:1-4
The Lord had said to Abram, “Go from your country, your people and your father’s household to the land I will show you.
“I will make you into a great nation,
    and I will bless you;
I will make your name great,
    and you will be a blessing.
I will bless those who bless you,
    and whoever curses you I will curse;
and all peoples on earth
    will be blessed through you.”
So Abram went, as the Lord had told him; and Lot went with him. Abram was seventy-five years old when he set out from Harran

No comments: