Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Flesh Of My Flesh, Bone Of Us Dating #TaylorDateTony

* Jesus pray for me
* Dedicated to #TaylorDateTony


+-----Flesh Of My Flesh, Bone Of Us Dating

Taylor my body is a garden,
incomplete, without you. I am a lone
soul abounding with trees and plants
stale in form and presentation
lacking substance, a desultory aggregation
of vegetation and dust. In my dreams I
can feel faint rustling of leaves within me
trying to anticipate fulfillment for
a dire need to be whole, the great
widening chasm of emptiness below my
psyche’s ground, past the deepest firmament
of lingering disappointment,
lonely screams reverberating from base
of earth. But
the varying, floundering, straggling
emotions that present themselves
to me, stumbling over twigs of desirability-
wild beasts howling with passion for poetry,
fish wading to me with fashionable ideas for
photoshoots, birds swooping down
with new ideas to adopt in dating’s broad
incomprehensible skies,
are animals unsuited to be helpmates;
They cant speak the language of romantic human spirit.
Oh baby, if only your blonde hair were a rib,
your luminous blue eyes like twinkling stars
lulling me to sleep, your affection a divine
voice pronouncing it is “not good
that the man should be alone.”
What I am trying to say is that I
lay here, on the eve of the sixth day,
implacably worn from long days of other
creature’s rejection
(i.e. the stupid girls and fruitless ideas
that have previously broken my heart),
begging in the
ineffable silence of desperate yearning
for your presence, deep sleep of
wishing you were mine, that you
would drink coffee with me.  I pine for
your heart enfleshed as my help-meet,
your sympathy would be like primordial
love I have always wanted, a spirit
hovering over a life
of us not dating as waters without
form and void,
darkness of despair over face of the deep
that needs immediate fixing.


----Genesis 2:16-25
  And the Lord God commanded the man, saying, Of every tree of the garden thou mayest freely eat: But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die. And the Lord God said, It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him an help meet for him. And out of the ground the Lord God formed every beast of the field, and every fowl of the air; and brought them unto Adam to see what he would call them: and whatsoever Adam called every living creature, that was the name thereof. And Adam gave names to all cattle, and to the fowl of the air, and to every beast of the field; but for Adam there was not found an help meet for him. And the Lord God caused a deep sleep to fall upon Adam, and he slept: and he took one of his ribs, and closed up the flesh instead thereof; And the rib, which the Lord God had taken from man, made he a woman, and brought her unto the man. And Adam said, This is now bone of my bones, and flesh of my flesh: she shall be called Woman, because she was taken out of Man. Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh. And they were both naked, the man and his wife, and were not ashamed.

No comments: