Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Love On The Surface #TaylorDateTony


* Jesus pray for me
* Peter, James, Andrew, John, Philip, Bartholomew, Thomas, Matthew, Jude, Simon, Matthias, James pray for me
* Dedicated to #TaylorDateTony

+--------Love On The Surface

Taylor, my heart is twelve disciples
aghast, cowering in a boat
of romantic expectations
battered by fierce winds of loneliness,
postulations of me not marrying like
fears of capsizing,
fears of dying alone in the hull,
morsel of leviathan exploding
from the deep, smoke rising from
the shores as he plunges from great
heights returning.
Oh these grief stricken emotions
are alpha waves slamming against
the deck, alpha waves slamming
against the deck of all my hope!
Thoughts of me finding true love
elude and evade me like fish, and
the likelihood of meeting my soulmate
is distant from me, atop some mountain
indifferent and unconcerned
with what is going on, empty nets
of overtures to girls
long since unhitched by the turbulence
floating behind me forever,
all I can do now is to make feeble
attempts at barely holding on,
eyes closed.  
Oh wont you come to me,
your blue eyes and blonde hair
and radiant lips like a dazzling rainbow
assuring calm. I imagine you
walking to my soul on placid
waters, sunny breezeless skies,
feet shod with kisses and
peace, beckoning me to come near
you, to dance with you
on the lake of dreams fulfilled,
of paradise lost
then gained by a beautiful, tall,
stately and gracefully melodic
Savior on a solid aqueous surface.
The prophecies of my childhood say
you will reverse the judgement of
damnation, my reprobate nights
of crying in bed alone
blaming the world for my singleness.
Forgive me if I initially falter
from disbelief, if I begin to sink
as I make my way towards you
fighting all these contrary winds and
waves…if you find me drowning
in doubt and despair,
please reel me in. Hoist me up
next to you on stable ground,
shoal of you hugging me.
We would walk back to
the boat arm in arm, in love
and in faith forever,
and there would be no more fear.


----Matthew 14:22-33
And straightway Jesus constrained his disciples to get into a ship, and to go before him unto the other side, while he sent the multitudes away. And when he had sent the multitudes away, he went up into a mountain apart to pray: and when the evening was come, he was there alone. But the ship was now in the midst of the sea, tossed with waves: for the wind was contrary. And in the fourth watch of the night Jesus went unto them, walking on the sea. And when the disciples saw him walking on the sea, they were troubled, saying, It is a spirit; and they cried out for fear. But straightway Jesus spake unto them, saying, Be of good cheer; it is I; be not afraid. And Peter answered him and said, Lord, if it be thou, bid me come unto thee on the water. And he said, Come. And when Peter was come down out of the ship, he walked on the water, to go to Jesus. But when he saw the wind boisterous, he was afraid; and beginning to sink, he cried, saying, Lord, save me. And immediately Jesus stretched forth his hand, and caught him, and said unto him, O thou of little faith, wherefore didst thou doubt? And when they were come into the ship, the wind ceased. Then they that were in the ship came and worshipped him, saying, Of a truth thou art the Son of God.

No comments: