Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Hemorrhage #TaylorDateTony


* Jesus pray for me
* Saints Matthew and Luke pray for me
* Dedicated to #TaylorDateTony

+-----Hemorrhage

Oh Taylor, how can I
come before you honorably
seeing as though I bleed,
my soul with scabs like elbows and
knees chafed by dirt and rocks
from crawling (the slithering of the
“unwanted” sacrilegious) over jagged
and messy rejections from girls
that slit the thin skin encasing my
heart? I cannot bear the shame
of standing up before you
like this,
Savior of the world of Pop music
with a miraculous voice
and blue eyes divine,
scourge of the ritually unclean.
If only I could make my way,
a broken lonely pilgrim seeking
healing,
through mobs thronging
you, somehow distinguishing
myself from your adoring fans
who love you too? For twelve
years, each step closer to never,
my threadbare sandals crying to
be saved, I have asked women
to love me in return for my adulation
and like a panoply of maladroit doctors
none had the cure,
lacking remedies and compassion
all stoically dismissed me
writhing in the pain and suffering
and raw disappointment
of romantic nothingness.  
Oh please, let dating be like
the border of your royal garment,
elegantly undulating in destiny’s
breezes,
be salvific Queen of my heart
just for a day wont you?
If I can seize and lay hold of it,
a table for two at Starbucks,
surreptitiously below the crowds’
knees, human flesh suffusing itself
with God, selfishly…
I know the blood with stanch.



----Matthew 9:18-22; Luke 8:43-48
While he spake these things unto them, behold, there came a certain ruler, and worshipped him, saying, My daughter is even now dead: but come and lay thy hand upon her, and she shall live. And Jesus arose, and followed him, and so did his disciples. And, behold, a woman, which was diseased with an issue of blood twelve years, came behind him, and touched the hem of his garment: For she said within herself, If I may but touch his garment, I shall be whole. But Jesus turned him about, and when he saw her, he said, Daughter, be of good comfort; thy faith hath made thee whole. And the woman was made whole from that hour; And a woman having an issue of blood twelve years, which had spent all her living upon physicians, neither could be healed of any, Came behind him, and touched the border of his garment: and immediately her issue of blood stanched. And Jesus said, Who touched me? When all denied, Peter and they that were with him said, Master, the multitude throng thee and press thee, and sayest thou, Who touched me? And Jesus said, Somebody hath touched me: for I perceive that virtue is gone out of me. And when the woman saw that she was not hid, she came trembling, and falling down before him, she declared unto him before all the people for what cause she had touched him, and how she was healed immediately. And he said unto her, Daughter, be of good comfort: thy faith hath made thee whole; go in peace.

No comments: