Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Psalm 137 for Taylor Swift #TaylorDateTony

* Jesus pray for me
* David pray for me
* Dedicated to #TaylorDateTony

+-----Psalm 137 for Taylor 

Taylor my heart refuses to sing
in my singleness, this cruel foreign
land of captivity with derisive
captors bent on abuse, lashing
me with whips of sad sentimentality
while boasting of their opulence:
epic hanging gardens of impassioned dating,
inimitable fortified city walls of marriage,
...tremendous kisses like ziggurats,
while I sit by the rivers of dejection
as the winter moon scoffs, my
feet assailed by frigid rushing currents
of ennui. Baby, trust me there
is no lilt of love lingering
on these lips anymore, or fingers
that strum, for I have hung
my harp of hope on a poplar tree.
How can I sing a song of mirth
without you by my side? How can
I delight in music, unless it is
#badblood or #shakeitoff…songs
conceived in the creativity of your
heart that pour forth from your lips
like salvation for Judah, salvation
I so crave?
O Taylor let my right hand wither,
let my tongue cling to the roof
of my mouth, if I do not remember,
each day, to yearn for you,
for us to be together one day
dancing
emancipated beneath Jerusalem’s
summer stars,
staring intently into our bare souls
exposed as naked before adoring
eyes! Oh that day!
You would whisper into my
ears “Tony, Babylon has fallen,
Nebuchadnezzar the second
beheaded”

(Our romance will conquer all,
your kiss granting freedom to
 my prisoners within)

[OH TAYTAY!!! WONT YOU DATE WITH ME TO-DAYDAY???? (SORRY #CALVINHARRIS!!! OOPS!!!)]


 ---Psalm 137:1-9
By the rivers of Babylon— there we sat down and there we wept when we remembered Zion. On the willows there we hung up our harps. For there our captors asked us for songs, and our tormentors asked for mirth, saying, “Sing us one of the songs of Zion!” How could we sing the Lord’s song in a foreign land? If I forget you, O Jerusalem, let my right hand wither! Let my tongue cling to the roof of my mouth, if I do not remember you, if I do not set Jerusalem above my highest joy. Remember, O Lord, against the Edomites the day of Jerusalem’s fall, how they said, “Tear it down! Tear it down! Down to its foundations!” O daughter Babylon, you devastator! Happy shall they be who pay you back what you have done to us! Happy shall they be who take your little ones and dash them against the rock!

No comments: