Sunday, March 22, 2015

The City of Our Love - Sodom and Gomorrah (For JD)


* Dedicated to The Goo Goo Dolls, Name
https://youtu.be/yQOBUrRaPU0
* Dedicated to J. D.
* Saint Michael pray for me

JD so many years have passed since I unveiled my heart to you in an email, and you, agog, ran away…..and never came back. The one who I was “absolutely crazy about” has nested with another man…and now a baby. #GODDAMNIT Well, I meant that metaphorically as you shall soon see, however I felt I must write to you/about you one last time….a funeral hymn….to what was destroyed in me after you rejected me. Goodbye. I will always….remember (and now appreciate) how the pain you inflicted, I guess, made me a better man, how the pangs forged a metalwork of forbearance. But gosh every time I see you, you still look so sexy to me! (Goodbye my forever non-love)

+------------------/The [Former] City of Our Love (Sodom and Gomorrah)

Back then,
common sense to me was
once a mob of degenerate,
lecherous men. It salivated when
it learned of my musing on us having sex,
(married)
flesh to flesh, chest pressed to big breasts,
as if your group lunch counterproposals
to my intimate dining suggestions,
your silence at that email wherein I poured my
soul out to you, started baying,
lustful and power-hungry cabal
grown impatient,
bashing against my hopes as if a door
that granted access to my heart.
But I obdurately refused,
instead offering the virgin daughters of
your imminent indication of the intensity
of your emotions towards me, and the
eventual warming of your heart towards
God through my influence as
sacrificial offerings. I was willing to embrace
a vitiated form of your love,
your indifference to religion rather than
accept the loss. Yet time,
two angels of Sodom with severe expressions,
flaming swords of soul-searching,
(reckoning the aforementioned crowd
of reason and rationality as degenerate scum),
 grabbed me by the hand and yanked me
out of the city of the possibility of
our love, urging me to let go of delusions
and never look back, to move away
from the approaching condemnation.
You got married: fire,
and had a baby: brimstone,
it was like smoke in my eyes,
the smell of sulfur in my nose,
destruction raining from the sky,
as I cried inside stumbling towards Zoar.
But when I saw you recently sauntering
down the hall,
I looked back to that city in my mind
that no longer is, and never should have
been, even though I know I shouldn’t have.
Sodom was never going to be good for me,
and Gomorrah, a sweeping lie,
when I see your breasts bounce
and your green eyes sparkle it just kills me,
human turned salt pillar,
a rejected man filled with shameful
regret.


---------------------Genesis 19:17;23-26
And it came to pass, when they had brought them forth abroad, that he said, Escape for thy life; look not behind thee, neither stay thou in all the plain; escape to the mountain, lest thou be consumed….The sun was risen upon the earth when Lot entered into Zoar. Then the Lord rained upon Sodom and upon Gomorrah brimstone and fire from the Lord out of heaven; And he overthrew those cities, and all the plain, and all the inhabitants of the cities, and that which grew upon the ground. But his wife looked back from behind him, and she became a pillar of salt.




------Name Lyrics
And even though the moment passed me by
 I still can't turn away
 Cuz all the dreams you never thought you'd lose
 Got tossed along the way
 And letters that you never meant to send
 Got lost or thrown away
 And now we're grown up orphans
 And never knew their names
 We don't belong to no one
 That's a shame
 But you could hide beside me
 Maybe for a while
 And I won't tell no one your name
 And I won't tell 'em your name
 And scars are souvenirs you never lose
 The past is never far
 Did you lose yourself somewhere out there?
 Did you get to be a star?
 And don't it make you sad to know that life
 Is more than who we are
 We grew up way too fast
 And now there's nothing to believe
 And reruns all become our history
 A tired song keeps playing on a tired radio
 And I won't tell no one your name
 And I won't tell 'em your name
 I won't tell em' your name
 Oooh, oooh, oooh
 I won't tell em' your name
 Ow!
 I think about you all the time
 But I don't need the same
 It's lonely where you are
 Come back down
 And I won't tell 'em your name 

No comments: