Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Taylor Swift, MY Savior of the Gadarenes (#TaylorDateTony)

* dedicated to Taylor Swift #TaylorDateTony
* dedicated to Chasing Ghosts, The Amity Affliction
http://youtu.be/g2BI3Fww1vA

+----------------------/Taylor Swift, MY Savior of the Gadarenes (A Captive Set Free)

Taylor, who knows how long
my heart has assumed the role
of terrified and demented
exile? At night I cant sleep with sheets 
girted about me, they feel like chains,
fastened windows like myriad hands of a
wearied mob grasping  my neck and baying,
rabidly pushing and tightening fetters,
wishing only that I was dead,
or at least as far removed from town (sanity)
as possible. Peace only comes
when I let the cold air in my room,
curtains billowing like Death’s Wings,
and howl at the top of my lungs,
my neighborhood the country of
the Gadarenes,
vociferously, barbarically pleading for love after
such a prolonged absence.
You see, my heart, it knows no man,
it comprehends no human language,
naked and afraid it languishes in
my body like a man with scars sobbing
himself to sleep somberly, arms draped
around the tomb of his grandmother,
invoking her spirit to come succor him.
Because there is no one else in the
wilderness of the lovelorn, except demons
intoning the echoes of the girls from whom
Ive been spurned, wolves of regret encircling
the imminently damned.
I think that’s when it all began and I succumbed,
the devils possessed me when I
approached the wrong kinds of women.
Sinister séances of seducing sluts.

But your blonde hair and blue eyes
are more gripping than any
rusty iron yoked on my wrists;
When I saw your Blank Space video
recently, it was as if you were in a boat
approaching shore
and I had to chase after you.
Like Freedom was sent to me
as a Son from God above,
your angelic voice so
entrancing it drove away all malice.
 When you danced, when your lips
moved as you sung, it felt as if all the
damaging thoughts from all
the damaging girls in my past
fled from me and into pigs (lolz) on a hillside,
and perished,
choking in the sea beneath a cliff. 

When the video was over,
I imagined you asking me my name,
and
leaning in to kiss me before you had
to sail off (probably to go on tour).
I said it used to be Legion,
before I looked at your pretty face,
for my psychoses were many,
but now I am myself again.  


------------------Luke 8:25-39
And he said unto them, Where is your faith? And they being afraid wondered, saying one to another, What manner of man is this! for he commandeth even the winds and water, and they obey him. And they arrived at the country of the Gadarenes, which is over against Galilee. And when he went forth to land, there met him out of the city a certain man, which had devils long time, and ware no clothes, neither abode in any house, but in the tombs. When he saw Jesus, he cried out, and fell down before him, and with a loud voice said, What have I to do with thee, Jesus, thou Son of God most high? I beseech thee, torment me not. (For he had commanded the unclean spirit to come out of the man. For oftentimes it had caught him: and he was kept bound with chains and in fetters; and he brake the bands, and was driven of the devil into the wilderness.) And Jesus asked him, saying, What is thy name? And he said, Legion: because many devils were entered into him. And they besought him that he would not command them to go out into the deep. And there was there an herd of many swine feeding on the mountain: and they besought him that he would suffer them to enter into them. And he suffered them. Then went the devils out of the man, and entered into the swine: and the herd ran violently down a steep place into the lake, and were choked. When they that fed them saw what was done, they fled, and went and told it in the city and in the country. Then they went out to see what was done; and came to Jesus, and found the man, out of whom the devils were departed, sitting at the feet of Jesus, clothed, and in his right mind: and they were afraid. They also which saw it told them by what means he that was possessed of the devils was healed. Then the whole multitude of the country of the Gadarenes round about besought him to depart from them; for they were taken with great fear: and he went up into the ship, and returned back again. Now the man out of whom the devils were departed besought him that he might be with him: but Jesus sent him away, saying, Return to thine own house, and shew how great things God hath done unto thee. And he went his way, and published throughout the whole city how great things Jesus had done unto him


-----Chasing Ghosts Lyrics
Will they remember my name when I'm gone,
 (When they know what I did was so f* wrong)
 Put the steel to my wrist, lost the breath in my chest,
 (Just to forget all the wrongs I had left)
 I took the exit, left my friends in the gutter,
 (Left my life right behind me, left myself, left it all)
 Left myself, left it all, not a falter not a stutter
 Not a note, and now?,
 (There’s nothing at all)

(Are you at all haunted by memories past?
 Are you ready to make this one breath your last?
 Is your chest so heavy you're ready to leave,
 Or are you hoping that some one will grieve?)

And now we roll on...
 I'm gone now,I don't remember much,
 I just know that I would have been better off if I had stayed,
 spoken to a friend,
 (let my heart keep on beating and not given it all up)
 for the grave, for the grave
 There's no one on the other side there's nothing more than what I had.
 There's no ghost left to haunt you so you know I'm still here,
 just the end of my life nothing left here at all.
 (There's no memories here, just regrets of the dead),
 please don't follow my footsteps - cherish all you have left.

(Are you at all haunted by memories past?
 Are you ready to make this one breath your last?
 Is your chest so heavy you’re ready to leave?
 Or are you just hoping that someone will grieve?)

There's no one there on the other side,
 (there's no one there on the other side)
 There's nothing more than what I had.

(There's no ghost left to haunt you)
 There's no memories here (memories here)
 just the regrets of the dead (regrets of the dead)
 please don't follow in my footsteps (my footsteps)
 cherish all you have left.

 (Are you at all haunted by memories past?
 Are you ready to make this one breath your last?
 Is your chest so heavy you’re ready to leave?
 Or are you just hoping that someone will grieve?)

 (Are you at all haunted by memories past?
 Are you ready to make this one breath your last?
 Is your chest so heavy you’re ready to leave?
 Or are you just hoping that someone will grieve?)

No comments: