Thursday, September 27, 2012

Unforgivable Assyrian Atrocity






Dedicated to Katy – you little…..pretty…..hurtful….sexy……arrghhhh!
Dedicated to All Time Low, Break Your Little Heart in Two

----------------------/Unforgivable Assyrian Atrocity

You, a foreign land despised reprobate and debased denizens
annihilator of my smile, my people:
you eat men’s hearts at routine festivals of high praise
(by grinning and greeting me one day, then ignoring me the next)
disembowel children of enthusiasm and jubilant expectation
(when you are so jocular with the man next to me, stoic when he leaves)
women of romance pregnant with affection for their future betrothed ripped
open at your crazed behest
(when you don’t even deign to look at me when I enter the room)
before your sordid conquest I was comprised of twelve tribes of virtuous character
ten you slew, two remain gone are levity, sympathy and mercy
etc
….an Israelite never forgets deserved wrath
or his razed temple of pride
Should God Almighty propose a truce between us I should run
far away as though I would never ever see or hear you again
folding my arms over my knees and burying my head
in a ship of fate while the other immigrant passengers of aplomb
of diplomacy, of consideration cry to their feeble gods of naiveté prayers
for pretty girls with sour attitudes but I will fall asleep uncaring
I would rather swim into the bowels of a whale of guilt, callousness
calling it my home
than overlook your offense
whether three days or thirty candle or blinding black
- Katy: you sexy Assyrian  




------------------------/
Jonah 1:1-3
Now the word of the Lord came unto Jonah the son of Amittai, saying, Arise, go to Nineveh, that great city, and cry against it; for their wickedness is come up before me. But Jonah rose up to flee unto Tarshish from the presence of the Lord, and went down to Joppa; and he found a ship going to Tarshish: so he paid the fare thereof, and went down into it, to go with them unto Tarshish from the presence of the Lord.


---Break Your Little Heart Lyrics
Wide awake, my mistake, so predictable You were fake, I was great, nothing personal I'm walking, who's laughing now? (Who's laughing, who's laughing now?)
I'm wasted, wasting time You talk for hours but you're wasting lines A pretty face but the chase ain't worth the prize
I'm gonna break your little heart Watch you take the fall Laughing all the way to the hospital 'Cause there's nothing surgery can do When I break your little heart in two I'm gonna break your little heart in two
A party queen, cause a scene, so ridiculous Little dress, maybe less, so conspicuous You're falling, who's crashing now? (Who's crashing, who's crashing now?)
I'm wasted, wasting time I'm moving on but you're left behind A pretty face but the chase ain't worth the prize
I'm gonna break your little heart Watch you take the fall Laughing all the way to the hospital 'Cause there's nothing surgery can do
I'm gonna break your little heart Show you to the door Sew yourself shut and now you're begging for more 'Cause there's nothing surgery can do When I break your little heart in two
Don't be so sentimental, no This is love is accidental, so Give it up, this was never meant to be More than a memory for you
I'm gonna break your little heart Watch you take the fall Laughing all the way to the hospital 'Cause there's nothing surgery can do (When I break your little heart in two)
I'm gonna break your little heart Show you to the door Sew yourself shut, now you're begging for more 'Cause there's nothing surgery can do When I break your little heart in two

No comments: