Friday, October 1, 2010

The Fullness Of Your (Colossians Ch. 1) Flesh And Mine




UH-OH YALL, ITS GETTING DEEP! IM TRYING NOT TO FALL FOR THIS GIRL....DAGGIT! I ALMOST TYPED HER NAME IN THE POEM! OOPS! DONT YOU LIKE CRYPTIC BLOGGING? BOOO-YOW!

I now rejoice in my sufferings for you, and fill up in my flesh what is lacking in the afflictions of Christ, for the sake of His body, which is the church


-------------------/The Fullness Of Your Flesh And Mine

You have the fullness of everything about me
because of your wonderfulness
dwelling inside you
you have taken every fiber of my being and reconciled
me to you
my heart to your heart
the blood of who you are, pouring down the wonderful cross
of wooing a man hopelessly smitten
forgiving me for the alienation I once had for you
(I cant believe I didn’t fall for you when I first met you)
the wickedness of not appreciating your smile
your sense of humor
your ability and desire to help people
as long as I continue in my passion
steadfastly harkening to the hope of the good news
of your tender heart, embracing spirit
not moved away from that which every creature
and person that has ever known you vouches for:
that you * (oops I almost typed your name here!)
are the coolest, most down to earth girl in Maryland
news, to which I, Tony, have become an obliged minister
but what am I trying to say?
what you lack, in boldness
I have come to fill up in my flesh
to proclaim
for the sake of our future, the Church -
our inevitable, unavoidable shared lives together,
the message that was a mystery for months and months
to the Gentiles,
those peoples not born into our faith in each other,
the riches and the glory of the knowledge hidden
that you want me too:
just as much as I want you (if not more)
but that we cant say anything
until everything is presented perfectly.
to this end I also labor
striving


(my fondness and respect for you working in me mightily)


(to make myself the best man I can be
before I propose to you....)






-------------------Colossians 1:19-29
For it pleased the Father that in Him all the fullness should dwell, and by Him to reconcile all things to Himself, by Him, whether things on earth or things in heaven, having made peace through the blood of His cross. And you, who once were alienated and enemies in your mind by wicked works, yet now He has reconciled in the body of His flesh through death, to present you holy, and blameless, and above reproach in His sight— if indeed you continue in the faith, grounded and steadfast, and are not moved away from the hope of the gospel which you heard, which was preached to every creature under heaven, of which I, Paul, became a minister. I now rejoice in my sufferings for you, and fill up in my flesh what is lacking in the afflictions of Christ, for the sake of His body, which is the church, of which I became a minister according to the stewardship from God which was given to me for you, to fulfill the word of God, the mystery which has been hidden from ages and from generations, but now has been revealed to His saints. To them God willed to make known what are the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles: which is Christ in you, the hope of glory. Him we preach, warning every man and teaching every man in all wisdom, that we may present every man perfect in Christ Jesus. To this end I also labor, striving according to His working which works in me mightily.

No comments: