Tuesday, October 12, 2010

*een***: Tony Are You Just Going To Walk Away?

[The setting:] Two twenty somethings: Tony and *een*** converse outside an old stone edifice during late evening. The otherwise clear night sky is peppered with a few faint stars, and a gentle breeze enfolds them as they speak. The building sits on lush verdant land bordered by dense foliage and small streams. Steps from the building give way to a small cement parking lot that funnels into a one lane road that eventually (in about 5 miles) winds to a busy main road and back to a suburban livelihood. The setting is often regarded by others as a refuge from the wiles and cares of the work week. *een*** is standing and Tony leans against his car, an old shoddy 2005 Toyota Carolla. (no offense, Toyota! You can still sponsor my blog right?)

*een***: Tony, are you just going to walk away from this?

Tony (defiantly looking towards the trees): Walk away from what?

*een***: Tony.....

Tony: ........

*een***: Oh dont play dumb, you know the feelings you have for me...you said you were falling in love with me....how can you feign ignorance on matters that have such great importance?

Tony: I never SAID I loved you....Im still single...Im still looking for my Kim Kardashian

*een*** (visibly upset): You are such a fiend....you supplicate God all day in your blogs and in study about how you want true love and when it stares at you in the face, you dare spurn it?

Tony (*sighing loudly): Look mane, I aint never said nothing. Im still single and Im ready to mingle, alright? I mean, youre young enough you'll find the love of your life one day okay? You dont have to depend on me alright yo?

*een***: You know I love you

Tony: There will be someone else

*een***: There is no one else

[Tony opens the door to his car and gets in, the window still down]

Tony (getting nervous): Look, Im about to roll man

*een***: You think there is someone else out there because you are scared....and its okay...love is a scary thing...but if you think someone else will love you like I do...youre wrong. Love is here for you, now....you dont have to look back

Tony: Look back?

*een***: On the days when you dreamed of finding me but never knew it was me

[Tony starts the car and begins to drive off]

Tony: I gotta go

[As the Carolla speeds off, tires let off a piercing screech]

MAN THIS IS DEEP YALL, YOU GOTTA READ MY NEXT POEM YO!!!! UHNNN!!!!

No comments: