Monday, May 17, 2010

My Bland (Love) Life



Man yall, I acted so stupidly. I liked this girl right? Then I de-friended her on facebook after she wasnt too talkative when I saw her recently; actually it seemed as if she was avoiding me. Thing is - now I have no way of rekindling the friendship or even assuaging her fears that I wanted to rush into a relationship with her, which is presumably the explanation behind her reticence to engage in convo. Now there is zero chance of communication between us, and I have no way of even guessing when we will next meet.
True, she just may not be that into me, but I should have used restraint when it came to excising her from my Facebook life. See what confused emotions will make you do?



"Fill the waterpots with water."

----------------/Life Is Bland – SS**/


I was not ready to meet you when I did
It was not my time
but the love I had needed to be hurried
with you I forced myself to be impetuous
everything was dull
trite before you came – even whilst the world around
was celebrating marriage everything tasted like water
this was my pall
so I couldn’t wait any longer, my thirst: rapacious
my lot: unenthusiastic
my hope was like six waterpots of stone
filled to the brim (with water plain)
waiting for a miracle, waiting to be touched
by you
for the many sleepless nights with insipid drink
crying
gazing at the clouds, partially revealed
by the moon's incandescent glow to end
the taste buds of my heart needed you so badly
you are the most interesting person I have ever met
you make even the most drab conversation lively
eyes like luscious grapes growing on the vine
personality like a winepress
to my soul that makes your presence taste sweet
you are so intoxicating
because the fermentation of getting to know you
got better over time
you set the inferior out first, the best last
and I cant stop thinking about you –
I cant stop drinking (memories of us talking)

so forgive me for writing blogs about you
and forgive me for de-friending you on Facebook
after you ignored me for being too forward
Im an emotional wreck -its just I couldn't wait
for you to turn my water into new wine

(and I blew it)

---------------John 2:1-12
On the third day there was a wedding in Cana of Galilee, and the mother of Jesus was there. Now both Jesus and His disciples were invited to the wedding. And when they ran out of wine, the mother of Jesus said to Him, "They have no wine." Jesus said to her, "Woman, what does your concern have to do with Me? My hour has not yet come.” His mother said to the servants, "Whatever He says to you, do it.” Now there were set there six waterpots of stone, according to the manner of purification of the Jews, containing twenty or thirty gallons apiece. Jesus said to them, "Fill the waterpots with water.” And they filled them up to the brim. And He said to them, "Draw some out now, and take it to the master of the feast.” And they took it. When the master of the feast had tasted the water that was made wine, and did not know where it came from (but the servants who had drawn the water knew), the master of the feast called the bridegroom. And he said to him, "Every man at the beginning sets out the good wine, and when the guests have well drunk, then the inferior. You have kept the good wine until now!" This beginning of signs Jesus did in Cana of Galilee, and manifested His glory; and His disciples believed in Him. After this He went down to Capernaum, He, His mother, His brothers, and His disciples; and they did not stay there many days.

No comments: