Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Incomprehensible (To You)




And they stirred up the people, the elders, and the scribes; and they came upon him, seized him, and brought him to the council. They also set up false witnesses who said, "This man does not cease to speak blasphemous words against this holy place and the law; for we have heard him say that this Jesus of Nazareth will destroy this place and change the customs which Moses delivered to us." And all who sat in the council, looking steadfastly at him, saw his face as the face of an angel. [Acts 6:12-15]



-------------------------/Acts Chronicles Chapter 6: Incomprehensible -The Thoughts of Stephen as He Was Falsely Accused]


How can I tell you how I feel for you
or disclose all the things residing within me
deep in my heart
without double entendre
confusion, or ambiguity
precise language, pointed speech
unity and accord, spiritually bound one
to another, brothers in law, brothers in the Lord
so that our love doesn’t falter
and we don’t regress…and glorify Cain
and hold Abel in disrepute
a glorious and fitting representation to all nations
of all Jews, especially David our father
(whom we all lionize even to this day)
How can I convey hope
to your forlorn faces
that you can forsake your grumblings, and vile machinations
raping and robbing, deceiving and killing (stoning)
to fill your purse, feed your avarice and experience
catharsis from your sinful ways
by being judged righteous and having bodies resurrected anew
How can I translate the ineffable into mere words
that the prophets and our forefathers
anticipated more than just desert sands upon leaving Egypt
the promises they foretold weren't for themselves
but for us, to provide solace in our plight
and free our souls from this wicked generation
to which we have been enslaved far too long
I wish I could tell you somehow, that you would understand:
(and stop your libelous cunning)
my words to you are not mine, but from above
and I speak them as plainly as Moses did when he heard
and like him, just the thought of all these things
makes my face incandescent


(brightly shining, and eager for all the joys that lie ahead)

No comments: