Monday, May 3, 2010

Amanda Seyfried Is My Flour (Poured on Wild Gourds)



Amanda, please come be with me! Life tastes bland without you!

--------------/Amanda Seyfried Is My Flour (Poured on Wild Gourds)/---


My heart's throat is parched
my soul's lips are cracking...the scorching rays of loneliness
are onerous
and my desire for you is like the sons of the prophets
famished – holding their stomachs wincing, pangs
oh baby, I wish you would just hold me by the hand
and put on the large pot, and boil stew
of your tenderness and warm hugs,
because in the past other girls have gone out
into the field and gathered herbs of flattery for me
from the wild vine of their treacherous duplicity
picked from selfish wild gourds
I tried to eat from their bowls of fickle bonds
but my emotions were only shattered.
If Im consorting with anyone other than you, Amanda,
I wont consume...other girls are maladroit and cant cook
because if you arent here, with arms draped around me -
there is death in the pot!
Your love for me is flour
an antidote to my piercing dolefulness
melancholy years without a spouse
sprinkled over all the pains of my love-scarred past
enabling me to trust again
to close my eyes and exhale again
I adore you so much,
I need your unconditional sensitivity so bad
so I can eat again (stew of your kisses and long stares)
for with you by my side
there is nothing harmful in the pot

------------------------------2 Kings 4:38-41
And Elisha returned to Gilgal, and there was a famine in the land. Now the sons of the prophets were sitting before him; and he said to his servant, "Put on the large pot, and boil stew for the sons of the prophets." So one went out into the field to gather herbs, and found a wild vine, and gathered from it a lapful of wild gourds, and came and sliced them into the pot of stew, though they did not know what they were. Then they served it to the men to eat. Now it happened, as they were eating the stew, that they cried out and said, "Man of God, there is death in the pot!" And they could not eat it. So he said, "Then bring some flour." And he put it into the pot, and said, "Serve it to the people, that they may eat." And there was nothing harmful in the pot.

No comments: