Monday, January 11, 2010

Death Chasing


Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one gets the prize? Run in such a way as to get the prize. Everyone who competes in the games goes into strict training. They do it to get a crown that will not last; but we do it to get a crown that will last forever. Therefore I do not run like a man running aimlessly; I do not fight like a man beating the air. No, I beat my body and make it my slave so that after I have preached to others, I myself will not be disqualified for the prize. (1 Corinthians 9:24-27)

*dedicated to "M" and "J" and "S". I feel your rejections but Im gonna keep on keeping on, ya feel me?

-------------[The Thoughts of The Apostle Paul On Running The Race]


If death ever bears down on your door
do not scurry away, overwhelmed with fright…
let him in and if at all possible, sup together
and discuss with him everything in life you could've had
but now, most likely never will
your regrets
the cherished names of girls you most likely will never let go
but whom have since jettisoned you by the wayside
of their hearts
long ago
and tell him rote smiles don't bring people back to life
or move them back into your town
or resurrect old opportunities
or reconstruct the past
and often you forgo sleep to cogitate on the person you
should've been if it weren't for the accumulation
of petty mistakes you made advertent or not
but that all you have now is the prospect
of salvaging the remaining moments you have left to breathe
and you wont squander the future because
you are duly prepared now
...tell death you don't know his intentions for visiting
but that youd rather not, youd rather be ignorant
but only he'd better start running if he has expectations
of your expedient demise
because you wont make the same mistakes again
you have a lot more living, and loving and laughing to do
before you cross the finish line
lest you die in vain



(you'll beat him there...you'll get the crown this time...you're going to make something of your life starting tonight)


I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith (2 Timothy 4:7)

No comments: