Friday, January 22, 2010

Wheat Dying



http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#/video/video.php?v=684842198765


-----------------------[Wheat Dying - Jesus' Words to His Disciples Before His Impending Death/ John 12 ]




You and I aren't so different
we both want to breathe without thinking twice
about tomorrow
and to walk freely and pretend to grab the wind
as it coolly slides between our fingers
sitting on grassy knolls watching the sun fall asleep
or to jump from precipices into oceans and blend in with the tide
as it ushers us safely to shore
someone once told me that those who boast most effectively about God
are the ones who are most duplicitous
but I never believed that,
I always ascribed to the belief that from the heart the mouth speaks
and that if one proclaims something its usually voluntarily and genuine
we both want to feel loved
and to love commensurate with this love and sometimes unduly
to win the heart of our beloved and thus ensure
we never die alone
If I do boast, I boast in God’s power to save
to energize an often tepid existence without Him
and galvanize the downtrodden and maligned to fight battles
within themselves;
that we don't live just to dwell on and wait for dying
we want to watch the sun ascend to his royal court amongst the clouds
and exhale
because we know we are fully understood and whats important to us
is important to the ones we love as well




John 12:23-26-------------
Jesus replied, "The hour has come for the Son of Man to be glorified. I tell you the truth, unless a kernel of wheat falls to the ground and dies, it remains only a single seed. But if it dies, it produces many seeds. The man who loves his life will lose it, while the man who hates his life in this world will keep it for eternal life. Whoever serves me must follow me; and where I am, my servant also will be. My Father will honor the one who serves me.

No comments: