Wednesday, January 20, 2010

In The Tombs And Hills - The REAL Legion Story!!!



http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/video/video.php?v=684342175815

----------------------[In The Tombs And Hills; The Thoughts Of The Man Infested With Demons]

I used to come here to get rest
(among those already sleep)
and bathe my skin in the glow of the full moon:
it helped quell the voices within me
and soothe the burning I felt
momentarily erase the tortuous memories I retain
from a life scorned
because no one knows the agony of being pulled in multiple directions
(black silhouettes encircling you)
concurrently, and no one knows the crescendo of screams like I do
advocating: CUT YOURSELF WITH STONES
the terror of wanting to sob but its enunciated as a howl
and wanting to hug someone for comfort
but its expressed as a balled fist across your sister's face
I am dismayed by chains – treated as if an animal when all I want
is to be understood...healed...for someone to listen
not for groups of men to take turns slamming my head against tombstones
of the prophets of our ancestors
abandoning me to death, left with open wounds, blood pouring
left alone out here
like the carcass of a slain beast for the vultures to devour;
Before, when I was young
the cacophonies were just whispers...suggestions
I went to school, flirted with girls, caroused with the guys
steadfastly suppressing this presage
now not a night goes by that I don’t develop excruciating headaches
yelling in my head, scorching my body; grating
my friends used to call me Nathaniel, proficient schoolyard wrestler
(smooth with the ladies)
but now these incessant vociferations keep calling me LEGION YOU ARE DEAD
LEGION YOU ARE DEAD
LEGION YOU ARE DEAD




(and I don't know how to make it stop...)




------------------Mark 5:1-9
They went across the lake to the region of the Gerasenes. When Jesus got out of the boat, a man with an evil spirit came from the tombs to meet him. This man lived in the tombs, and no one could bind him any more, not even with a chain. For he had often been chained hand and foot, but he tore the chains apart and broke the irons on his feet. No one was strong enough to subdue him. Night and day among the tombs and in the hills he would cry out and cut himself with stones. When he saw Jesus from a distance, he ran and fell on his knees in front of him. He shouted at the top of his voice, "What do you want with me, Jesus, Son of the Most High God? Swear to God that you won't torture me!" For Jesus had said to him, "Come out of this man, you evil spirit!" Then Jesus asked him, "What is your name?"
"My name is Legion," he replied, "for we are many."

No comments: