Saturday, December 5, 2009

Mary In Better Times


Now yall know I converted to Catholicism right? As a corollary, I got a newfound relationship with my Heavenly Moms, right...wait...isn't she also my patron Saint? Yo, Mary – Mother of God, not Magdalene – what the dealie, homie? Pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death! Waz up, Waz up, WAAAAZ UUUUUUPPPP!!! Feel me? So you see, I want to write a poem dedicated to you and the writhing sufferance of the heart you experienced pulling your Son’s Lifeless (Cold), Tattered, Limp Body, a Body once so full of Life, Vitality and Truth, off the cross, assisted by Roman soldiers undoubtedly, and dragging it to Joseph of Arimathea’s tomb. That had to be the most acute pain, Im sure. Hurt you in the worst way! Simeon said a sword would pierce your heart, but he neglected to note this tragedy would impale your heart and make your soul numb… As a Mother, how did you withstand and prevail? I salute you and give you reverence. Pray for me, pray for this poem....Im sure Jesus would honor the prayers of His Dutiful, Tender Mother! HOLLLLAAAAAAAAAA....Lets get em!

No comments: