Saturday, December 5, 2009

The Last Night We Smile


*Dedicated to Escape the Fate, Cellar Door
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdxTA0GHV54
(click that link, son!)

Near the cross of Jesus stood his mother....John 19.25

-------[I KISS YOUR FACE ONE LAST TIME: Dragging Your Cold, Breathless, Battered, Body to Joseph of Arimathea's Tomb; The Thoughts Of Mary After Jesus' Crucifixion]


Youre gone now, the wind
keeps blowing my hair in my mouth
(dress billowing frenetically)
sobbing blurs my vision and my body
is spasmodic, and Im trembling because its freezing
chapped lips, frost-bitten toes from hours of
waiting…wailing, watching the sky turn black
listening to You scream, then stop breathing
and pleading with the sun to return
with warm salutations from my past life and
expectations of a Son holding me in his Strong Arms
during His coronation ceremony...salubrious visions of an angel
choirs of angels singing, three Magi with three gifts
exchanged for embraces
amidst a crackling fire, warm smiles and faint hums of animals
but now Your Eyes are listless, and I can tend to the blood
but I cant remove the scabs
I cant stitch the gashes, I cant mend the holes in your hands
cant stop my heart from throbbing and crying
Your Shoulders feel so cold, your Legs are turning blue
and Youre so heavy now
I cant lift Your Body by myself
You didn't tell Me this would feel so Empty
So wrong
Salvation is meaningless if its implemented without You
I would just as soon bless the fallen, fete the cursed
murder many innocent, rob Caesar, spit in the face of
Pharisees, kiss a leper....worship Poseidon
before the full moon rises above my head
flanked by dark clouds
and the temperatures continue to plunge
wolves howl, watching us with yellow conniving eyes
and we place You in someone else’s Tomb
(YOU PROMISED ME YOU WOULD NEVER DIE!)
and I walk home alone
without a Son to comfort me anymore
....[crying].....


I KISS YOUR COLD LIPS ONE LAST TIME


--------------Luke 2:25-35----------
Now there was a man in Jerusalem called Simeon, who was righteous and devout. He was waiting for the consolation of Israel, and the Holy Spirit was upon him. It had been revealed to him by the Holy Spirit that he would not die before he had seen the Lord's Christ. Moved by the Spirit, he went into the temple courts. When the parents brought in the child Jesus to do for him what the custom of the Law required, Simeon took him in his arms and praised God, saying:
"Sovereign Lord, as you have promised,
you now dismiss your servant in peace.
For my eyes have seen your salvation,
which you have prepared in the sight of all people,
a light for revelation to the Gentiles
and for glory to your people Israel."
The child's father and mother marveled at what was said about him. Then Simeon blessed them and said to Mary, his mother: "This child is destined to cause the falling and rising of many in Israel, and to be a sign that will be spoken against, so that the thoughts of many hearts will be revealed. And a sword will pierce your own soul too."



-------Escape the Fate “Cellar Door” lyrics-----------
We walk through the doorway, heard you calling from the hall
To find you in the bedroom not breathing at all
I drag your body to the cellar where we lay, the wax it melts away,
I kiss your face...

Now we are starting to love you more
Your body's on the canvas I painted on the floor

Now you wait, like the drug, like the change in the pain it goes on for so long
And oh, how it hurts in the worst way, now that you're gone, it's so wrong, it's so wrong....

If I could take you somewhere, I'd take you to the darkest place,
scatter you in art forms, admire the whore
beauty in different ways, your hands on picture frames
your eyes in the glass wear your face as a mask

Now they are starting to love you more
a gallery of your beauty, no charge at the door

As you wait, like the drug, like the change in the pain it goes on for so long
And oh, how it hurts in the worst way, now that you're gone, it's so wrong, it's so wrong....

And down below your veins run dry your vacant eyes
I lost control your face is pale, your body's cold
And down below your veins run dry your vacant eyes
I lost control your face is pale, your body's cold

Wait, like the drug, like the change in the pain it goes on for so long
And oh, how it hurts in the worst way, now that you're gone, it's so wrong, it's so wrong...

No comments: