Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Jennifer Connelly Is Worth The Four Drachma Tax [I AM JUST THAT INTO HER!]


[* Yall, know I cant get enough of Jennifer Connelly right? I tell you what...search my blog for the words "Jennifer Connelly," and most assuredly you will find another poem I penned in her honor previously (i.e. I want to baptize Jennifer Connelly). Now listen, if you want to know my "type," she is TOTALLY my type, dawg. I mean, I swear she must be the most beautiful woman in Hollywood. CHECK OUT HER NEW MOVIE – HE'S JUST NOT THAT INTO YOU. In theaters this Friday! God I wish I could marry this woman! But alas, she’s just not that into me. ]




After Jesus and his disciples arrived in Capernaum, the collectors of the two-drachma tax came to Peter and asked, "Doesn't your teacher pay the temple tax?"

------------Jennifer Connelly, I Love You Baby, My Hope for Us Is a Four-Drachma Coin

The temple is our love, Jennifer
Capernaum is the land of lingering passion
and bright constellations at night
...signs of my affection voiced
and full moons and the gravitas of wanting you
but not having you...staring – falling asleep with tears in my eyes
red
of not attaining to your lips
and not dancing with you by the sound of the harp (and drums)
at our wedding feast
it is where I always dream of kneeling before you
a homage to many of your miracles
-feeding 5,000 [expectancies of romance]
- walking on water [of my heart]
- making the deaf hear [the sound of my soul singing to you]

Doubts creep in my mind
(will you and I ever be together?)
they are like stern collectors of the two-drachma tax
costly, unbearable
and intrusive. Intent at
levying the admission you and I are never meant to be
but I am like Peter optimistic and bold
"Yes [s]he does" love me
"Yes [s]he does" want to have my child
"Yes [s]he does" pray to be mine
I tell them
even though I cant pay the tax

Jennifer, they would treat us common, not like royalty
denying access to our love
If I was a king, and you my queen
we would be exempt from this dread and second guessing
together on my throne,
but I wont give up
...I will do anything for your love.
on the waters of improbable grace
I will throw out my line of lovelorn persistence
and take the first fish
that bellows out his belief in our love
opening his mouth with the riches of faith
in a man and woman destined (to kiss)
There will I find the coin worth four drachmas
that gains us admission
so we can enter the temple hand in hand...
two stars forever shining

[the effulgence of you, and the effulgence of me - together]


[no more crying at night]



Matthew 17:24-27
After Jesus and his disciples arrived in Capernaum, the collectors of the two-drachma tax came to Peter and asked, "Doesn't your teacher pay the temple tax?" "Yes, he does," he replied. When Peter came into the house, Jesus was the first to speak. "What do you think, Simon?" he asked. "From whom do the kings of the earth collect duty and taxes—from their own sons or from others?" "From others," Peter answered. "Then the sons are exempt," Jesus said to him. "But so that we may not offend them, go to the lake and throw out your line. Take the first fish you catch; open its mouth and you will find a four-drachma coin. Take it and give it to them for my tax and yours."

No comments: