Tuesday, October 21, 2008

To the Girl At the Rockville Target: I AM IN A WHALE OF TROUBLE W/O YOU, BABY


------------------------------------------------
Okay Okay so some of my many detractors are probably frothing at the mouth and whining something like this: "why does he keep writing about girls? Why does he keep worshipping women in his poems? Why do his poems ABSOLUTELY SUCK??" "Write something more substantive Mr. Tony Baloney!!! (I wish youd stop writing and just drop dead! D-E-D dead)"

I got you dawg, I GOT YOU! Don’t worry; thejesusmetaphor got platinum substantive hits coming to a blog near you real soon! Im just doing what I do for the ladies so you know I gots luv 4 u 2! Feelz me? For some reason Im just obsessed with falling in love right about now!

But first let me describe this honey dip I saw at the Target check-out line in Rockville last night: (honey dip means cute girl, if you didn’t already know) She had this black, Picasso painters hat or something akin to that on…she had black hair and a nose piercing. She had a black jacket, black leggings and black boots. And she had these ambient dazzling blue eyes. She was kind of short maybe about 5’3. And I swear I fell in love at first sight. (Too bad I was too chicken to say anything to her. Maybe it was my heart racing too fast that stymied my attempt to speak. I AM NOT AFRAID OF GIRLS! I SWEAR!!!)

She reminded me of Jonah and the Whale!!!! Check me out --->





------------------------------------------------------

"You hurled me into the deep,
into the very heart of the seas,
and the currents swirled about me;
all your waves and breakers
swept over me."----------------------[
To the girl at Target. I love you, I need you. Im in a whale's stomach without you!!!./ The Plight of Jonah]--------------------






For Tarshish (Target). I was departing
on a calm sea still
a gentle breeze, a gentle caress of my face...
that was
before you came into my life

Sleeping
getting used to
waking with a vacant pillow by my side

But when
I stared into your blue eyes
the captain woke me
it rocked my boat like a torrential great wind
it turned the sky black as your hair
my heart beating like a violent storm
my conscience screaming "Get up and call on your god!"
your face is so pretty...
my knees got so weak in your presence I implored
my God not to let me "perish"

Not being your husband feels like
being tossed overboard according to chance
(by men casting lots)
helpless and suffocating seaweed
on my head
PLEASE LOVE ME THIS LONELINESS IS LIKE A GREAT FISH
swallowing me
thin air in his stomach gasping for breath
my life is "ebbing away"

Adore me, hold me, kiss me
Bring my life up from the pit – and let despair vomit me
In 3 days let me sing a song of thanksgiving
for our love
[in Ninevah]







(Amazingly cute girl at the Rockville Target)


(I wish I could kiss your nose piercing! So coooooool!)







---------------------------------------
Jonah 2
Jonah's Prayer

1 From inside the fish Jonah prayed to the LORD his God. 2 He said:
"In my distress I called to the LORD,
and he answered me.
From the depths of the grave I called for help,
and you listened to my cry.
3 You hurled me into the deep,
into the very heart of the seas,
and the currents swirled about me;
all your waves and breakers
swept over me.
4 I said, 'I have been banished
from your sight;
yet I will look again
toward your holy temple.'
5 The engulfing waters threatened me,
the deep surrounded me;
seaweed was wrapped around my head.
6 To the roots of the mountains I sank down;
the earth beneath barred me in forever.
But you brought my life up from the pit,
O LORD my God.
7 "When my life was ebbing away,
I remembered you, LORD,
and my prayer rose to you,
to your holy temple.
8 "Those who cling to worthless idols
forfeit the grace that could be theirs.
9 But I, with a song of thanksgiving,
will sacrifice to you.
What I have vowed I will make good.
Salvation comes from the LORD."
10 And the LORD commanded the fish, and it vomited Jonah onto dry land.

No comments: