Thursday, October 19, 2017

Watching, Waiting #IamMiriam


* Spirit Of Jesus pray for me
* Moses, Miriam, Holy Church pray for me
* Saints pray for me
*  Dedicated to #IamMiriam

+------Watching, Waiting; Miriam's Thoughts Watching Moses Floating Down The Nile River 

All myths of the pagans commence
like this too: the hero chosen
ill-fated before his life
has a beginning, Death simpering
gently tapping its fingers
together, Life frantically
dashing, hurdling adversity barely in time
to intervene. Osiris in a tomb, my
just-born brother in a wicker basket,
set adrift down the Nile swerving at dawn.
Both, I suspect, anticipating, somehow,
a better turn of events. I do. I imagine
seeing Moses next on top of the world,
circling back to get his family out of here.     

------Exodus 2:1-4
Now a man of the tribe of Levi married a Levite woman, and she became pregnant and gave birth to a son. When she saw that he was a fine child, she hid him for three months. But when she could hide him no longer, she got a papyrus basket for him and coated it with tar and pitch. Then she placed the child in it and put it among the reeds along the bank of the Nile. His sister stood at a distance to see what would happen to him.

No comments: