Monday, October 16, 2017

Goodbye, Old Friend, Former Life #IamPaul #Horses


* Spirit Of Jesus pray for me
* Paul, Holy Church pray for me
* Saints pray for me
*  Dedicated to #IamPaul

+------Goodbye, Old Friend, Former Life; Saint Paul's Words To His Horse A Few Weeks After His Conversion 

And you know I cant do
this anymore…mount you to
upbraid the innocent. Imbibe
the libations of blood-gods, 
satyrs of Dionysus at night -
drunk on the death of Christians
thrust by our skewed interpreting
of Gamaliel, Moses. And you,
your eyes are still Pharisee-black
(yellow at night)…your heart still
manic, inhaling exhaling lunacy. Your
ears unable to forget screams of
the weak. I wipe the ash, cinder
residue daubed inside your nostrils.   
Im sorry I bred you choleric; Oats
and hay of my sin misguided.
Im taking the saddle…run for the
woods…I beg of you now…Live
for the first time. Be free. Start again.

------Acts 26:12-14
“On one of these journeys I was going to Damascus with the authority and commission of the chief priests. About noon, King Agrippa, as I was on the road, I saw a light from heaven, brighter than the sun, blazing around me and my companions. We all fell to the ground, and I heard a voice saying to me in Aramaic, ‘Saul, Saul, why do you persecute me? It is hard for you to kick against the goads.’

No comments: