Monday, February 15, 2016

Your Moses in Midair #TaylorDateTony


* Jesus pray for me
* Moses pray for me
* dedicated to #TaylorDateTony

+-----Your Moses In Midair

Taylor, my heart has always
pined to see you glorified,
to have
its cockles warmed by you
by sight. Always lusted to behold
your robe not your robe,
your sandals
disowned by your own feet
as too profane – repudiated
by a majestic metamorphosis
of your very nature.
You see, my faith in love died
a long time ago on Mount Nebo’s
summit of girls’ repeated refusals
of my dating advances: unable to
enter the Canaan of having a #Bae.
But when I saw you on the
#Grammys tonight my spirit
quickened in the Limbo of not knowing
if I would ever
find romance again. There, your voice
beckoned me from afar, melodious
Savior speech of my marital longings,
faithfulness following you as a band of
twelve men willing to die for the world.
Your performance- simply dazzling,
more angelic than human, your skin
your blue eyes, blonde hair effulgent,
clothes pure cloth,…your charm this
blinding white light of joy. Oh babes!
its as if you miraculously transfigured
my lonely, loveless past! We both
hovered in the ethereal air. We talked
of dating, of iced lattes waiting in
(Starbucks's) tabernacles beneath us.

------Matthew 17:1-9
After six days Jesus took with him Peter, James and John the brother of James, and led them up a high mountain by themselves. There he was transfigured before them. His face shone like the sun, and his clothes became as white as the light. Just then there appeared before them Moses and Elijah, talking with Jesus. Peter said to Jesus, “Lord, it is good for us to be here. If you wish, I will put up three shelters—one for you, one for Moses and one for Elijah.” While he was still speaking, a bright cloud covered them, and a voice from the cloud said, “This is my Son, whom I love; with him I am well pleased. Listen to him!” When the disciples heard this, they fell facedown to the ground, terrified. But Jesus came and touched them. “Get up,” he said. “Don’t be afraid.” When they looked up, they saw no one except Jesus. As they were coming down the mountain, Jesus instructed them, “Don’t tell anyone what you have seen, until the Son of Man has been raised from the dead.”

No comments: