Thursday, February 25, 2016

The Passion Of The Virgin (Part Two) #Pieta


* Jesus pray for me
* Mary pray for me
* John pray for me

+-----The Passion Of The Virgin; Mary's Word To John While Holding Her Dead Son (Part Two - Noah)

Id like to think I know now what Noah felt
when he built the ark from divine
memory, when his
soul became one with
salvific hopes that became one
with Gopher wood. Except that
this is dogwood and these nails
are different, they are not the pure iron
of Tubal-Cain unaccustomed to death,
wide-eyed and naïve to use and reuse,
to splayed blood (like a storm)
borne of crucifixion schemed by
gutless Romans.
But my son,
during crises, we are all at times
sojourners -fretful kin to Shem, Ham,
and Japheth, rocked by waves
of uncertainty harboring distrust for the
journey, the choleric clouds, for the rage
of the rains. Yet like they, we know our
Dove will come back. Set atop Golgotha
like Mount Ararat, wedged in a grooved
crest of testing, our hands held out hoping
for an olive leaf of a New Earth and
Heaven in its beak. My Dove, the Boy that
gave my joy wings in the womb…I know
He will  come back…(I just hope He wont
keep me waiting 39 more days)

-----John 19:23-27
When the soldiers crucified Jesus, they took his clothes, dividing them into four shares, one for each of them, with the undergarment remaining. This garment was seamless, woven in one piece from top to bottom. “Let’s not tear it,” they said to one another. “Let’s decide by lot who will get it.” This happened that the scripture might be fulfilled that said,
“They divided my clothes among them
    and cast lots for my garment.”
So this is what the soldiers did.
Near the cross of Jesus stood his mother, his mother’s sister, Mary the wife of Clopas, and Mary Magdalene. When Jesus saw his mother there, and the disciple whom he loved standing nearby, he said to her, “Woman, here is your son,” and to the disciple, “Here is your mother.” From that time on, this disciple took her into his home.

No comments: