Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Future Grace From Nails


* Jesus pray for me
* Luke pray for me
* Dedicated to Dead Poetic, The Dreamclub Murders
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tminh1JBDU4

+-----Future Grace From Nails; The Thoughts Of Jesus On The Cross 

Eyes on the prize on
the prize I chide myself, eyes
heavenward
to the bejeweled scepter lain waiting
on my throne’s lap sideways,
by a battalion of angels flanked,
just behind the
dark cumulus clouds amassing
atop this crown of thorns braided.
Ravens swoop for my eyes,
talons of perdition, the crooks
beside me taunt, tongues
of the tempting devil. And I keep
breathing Gehenna’s smoke from afar
hard gulps of my own blood. I flit
in and out of consciousness,
I cant ascertain if the soldiers
with gripped spears below
intend to lance me or already have.
Either way blood spouts. Though
thoughts like these at least divert
my attention
from the ever present shame
of nakedness, my body bared
before hurled spit from mocking
masses I just healed. Notwithstanding,
I trust this suffering will fully abate in
just a little while. When I am glorified
and return after discarding death,
I hope to see people eager to
embrace me as a Savior. A brother.
A nail scarred friend.

-----Luke 23:40-49
But the other criminal rebuked him. “Don’t you fear God,” he said, “since you are under the same sentence? We are punished justly, for we are getting what our deeds deserve. But this man has done nothing wrong.” Then he said, “Jesus, remember me when you come into your kingdom.” Jesus answered him, “Truly I tell you, today you will be with me in paradise.” It was now about noon, and darkness came over the whole land until three in the afternoon, for the sun stopped shining. And the curtain of the temple was torn in two. Jesus called out with a loud voice, “Father, into your hands I commit my spirit.” When he had said this, he breathed his last. The centurion, seeing what had happened, praised God and said, “Surely this was a righteous man.” When all the people who had gathered to witness this sight saw what took place, they beat their breasts and went away. But all those who knew him, including the women who had followed him from Galilee, stood at a distance, watching these things.


---The Dreamclub Murders Lyrics

So after all, you needed more than a death-threat fall.
You needed more, and I let you fall.
Into the coffin with your floor-dropped jaw.
And I remember you aspiration, your dream to fit in.
But it's gone, and they're here.
So let's kill these felons now.

But I remember you, you'll go, you'll find a way back home.
But I remember you, when you stand there,
You stand with your eyes closed.

And I feel, tonight, that I let you die.
But you could have lived forever, it took smiles to keep you alive.
But heroes die, and so did mine.
But you go, and I stay, will it keep you at peace now.

But I remember you, you'll go, you'll find a way back home.
But I remember you, when you stand there,
You stand with your eyes closed.

And I'll dig you out, and I'll sit you up.
For the fools to find you, the fools breathe into you.

So sleep child no one can touch you now.

No one can hurt you now. Not here. Anymore.



No comments: