Monday, August 25, 2014

The Rich Young Ruler (She Crossed Her Legs and Left)



* dedicated to anyone who has ever wanted someone desperately, but never could attain them.
* When your last words before sleeping and your first words upon rising are your crush’s name, and there is a sinking despair that envelopes you when you realize everything you ever had and will have with them is dreaming, and that they are not lying next to you and will never lie next to you.
* Trust me, Jesus knows our pain yall!!!
*Dedicated to Fuel, Shimmer
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xj9qu_fuel-shimmer_music
* To the girl who rejected me, because I was born too early


------------------------/The Rich Young Ruler (She Crossed Her Legs and Left)

Your thighs that night, like
the moon bathing cobblestone roads
with a passionate amber glow,
from Jerusalem to Rome, and from thence
to the crucifixion of all my reservations
about your sexiness, the Golgotha of my self-control,
 and when I saw them I loved them,
wanting so badly to be your Savior.
But my beard, unkempt, and threadbare robe,
sandals with decaying thong,
the ravages of a 10 year (or more?) age gap,
full of the damnedest impossibility aren’t they?
To you, my speech is probably Aramaic,
screams of barbarism,
stench of dried blood and corpses’ sweat,
from fighting needlessly with guys who never
deserved you,
who couldn’t withstand the fiercely trained
legion of your high ideals,
speech that is blaring, Im sure
to the cultured ears of your royal diadems,
fur robes,
and Epicureanism handed down from Caesar. 
Because what I ask of you, simply
is to lay down your life for an older guy,
selling all your social cachet,
and kiss me
and run away with me dismissing the riches
of your former life with guys your age that
never had and never would bring you joy
anyway,
hoisting on your shoulders the cross
of my heart’s devotion. Yet I knew
this moment would ultimately encroach upon us,
the footsteps haunt my sleep,
I can hear the sighing in your eyes,
see the fires of Hell in your pout.
You, and your short shorts must sally forth,
before dawn  
to the world of comfort and societal conformity
you’ve always known,
turning your back on the Kingdom of God
I have offered.

(The discipleship of the wildest fantasies with you....my love)


--------------Mark 10:17-23
And when he was gone forth into the way, there came one running, and kneeled to him, and asked him, Good Master, what shall I do that I may inherit eternal life? And Jesus said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God. Thou knowest the commandments, Do not commit adultery, Do not kill, Do not steal, Do not bear false witness, Defraud not, Honour thy father and mother. And he answered and said unto him, Master, all these have I observed from my youth. Then Jesus beholding him loved him, and said unto him, One thing thou lackest: go thy way, sell whatsoever thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come, take up the cross, and follow me. And he was sad at that saying, and went away grieved: for he had great possessions. And Jesus looked round about, and saith unto his disciples, How hardly shall they that have riches enter into the kingdom of God!


--------------------Shimmer Lyrics
She calls me from the cold
 Just when I was low, feeling short of stable
 And all that she intends
 And all she keeps inside isn't on the label
She says she's ashamed
 Can she take me for awhile
 Can I be a friend, we'll forget the past
 Or maybe I'm not able and I break at the bend
We're here and now, will ever be again
 'Cause I have found
 All that shimmers in this world
 Is sure to fade away again
She dreams a champagne dream
 Strawberry surprise, pink linen on white paper
 Lavender and cream
 Fields of butterflies, reality escapes her
She says that love is for fools that fall behind
 And I'm somewhere between
 Never really know a killer from a savior
 'Til I break at the bend
We're here and now, will ever be again
 'Cause I have found
 All that shimmers in this world
 Is sure to fade away again
It's too far away for me to hold, too far away
 It's too far away for me to hold, too far away
 It's too far away for me to hold, too far away
 It's too far away for me to hold, too far away
It's too far away for me to hold, too far away
 It's too far away for me to hold, too far away
 Guess I'll let it go

No comments: