Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Psalm 2 for Emma Watson

*dedicated to Emma Watson

--------------------/Psalm 2 For Emma Watson

My loneliness is like crass old men with crowns
of tarnished gold tilted on their heads
from debased lands
greying from the strains of unwieldiness, 
plagued with resentment of untamed borders.
Beneath their leaden hands my heart, as a serf,
cant withstand the vast abuses
of the scepter,
recurring memories of girls spurning my advances
these last 14 years are
insufferable taxations of land and commerce,
the merciless conscription of fathers’ only sons
and pillaging of my childhood dreams of marriage
like choice cattle by bands of depraved soulless
king’s archers bought with unjust royal usury.  
Hope is an abutting neighbor, yet at times
seemingly distant savior
whose king they laugh to scorn, jeering its anointed beauty
derisively as if she were powerless,
their kingdom as if inconsequentially teased with military
aggression taunting, Let us break their bands asunder,
and cast away their cords from us.
Emma, rise up and beckon the sunrise with your smile,
as my anointed one,
your mirth of spirit and beaming eyes like the
the holy One of Zion. I promise, ask anything of the hope
that is within me and it shall be done,
a kiss from my lips to slay these heathen as your inheritance.
Our love shall break them with a rod of iron,
my hand on your back as we dance under waterfalls
in the courtyard shalt dash them in pieces like a potter’s vessel.
(Heavenly romance with you, one of the perks of being
a wallflower.)
Kings of erstwhile loneliness and depression of soul, beware
kneel before my apoplectic yearning for Ms Watson
with fear and trembling;
lest we rule together in each other’s arms,
she seated in my lap on the throne
....as I kiss her on her cheek-
and you perish from the way.


----------------------Psalm 2
Why do the heathen rage, and the people imagine a vain thing? The kings of the earth set themselves, and the rulers take counsel together, against the Lord, and against his anointed, saying, Let us break their bands asunder, and cast away their cords from us. He that sitteth in the heavens shall laugh: the Lord shall have them in derision. Then shall he speak unto them in his wrath, and vex them in his sore displeasure. Yet have I set my king upon my holy hill of Zion. I will declare the decree: the Lord hath said unto me, Thou art my Son; this day have I begotten thee. Ask of me, and I shall give thee the heathen for thine inheritance, and the uttermost parts of the earth for thy possession. Thou shalt break them with a rod of iron; thou shalt dash them in pieces like a potter's vessel. Be wise now therefore, O ye kings: be instructed, ye judges of the earth. Serve the Lord with fear, and rejoice with trembling. Kiss the Son, lest he be angry, and ye perish from the way, when his wrath is kindled but a little. Blessed are all they that put their trust in him.

No comments: