Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Gabrielle Union, Life Without You is Boils and Scabs (Save Me)

 





-----------------/Boils and Scabs

Gabby, it hurts me like protruding lesions on skin
to see you exalted, love’s Savior far away, oozing puss on my arms.
Its like youre on this mountain ameliorating all the world’s ills
(great movies, great modeling, great parenting)
but not mine, my loneliness throbs
this forlornness festers. Crowds follow beholden to your beauty-
some men even swear you walk on very waters
of their every fantasy, multiplying loaves of hope when joy is famished.
I swear sometimes romance is like Jerusalem, and I some outcast,
a mendicant impatiently awaiting his turn crying out.
Adulations for your sexy brown skin
adoration for your lips fitted with divine symmetry pleading
for a kiss, driven by much desperation to hold your hands,
if you would only have mercy. Sweet fleeting anesthesia,
Trinitarian prophecy lulling me to sleep
in my agony, sexiness, smarts, and swagger,
one amazing woman manifested three ways distinctly.
Footsteps crescendo as my anticipation builds,
fanfare and passion of crowds, evidence of your miraculous charm
approaching, and the repugnance of my dating life laid bare,
this debilitating chronic disease. Scabs, dried blood, crazed drool.
I kneel down at the base of the mountain of your celebrity,
elbows on my knees,
knees before your feet, grasping at your ankles fingers trembling.
Like a leprous Ishmaelite I beseech you:
if you are willing, you can marry me and make me clean


(GABBY, I KNOW D-WADE HAS A BIG GAME TONIGHT – BUT PLEASE….MARRY ME BABES!!!!! - by the way....NO DISRESPECT TO YOU, W.O.W…..YOU AND BRON ARE MY MANZ AND DEM THO!!!!!)



------------------/Matthew 8:1-4
When Jesus came down from the mountainside, large crowds followed him. A man with leprosy came and knelt before him and said, “Lord, if you are willing, you can make me clean.” Jesus reached out his hand and touched the man. “I am willing,” he said. “Be clean!” Immediately he was cleansed of his leprosy. Then Jesus said to him, “See that you don’t tell anyone. But go, show yourself to the priest and offer the gift Moses commanded, as a testimony to them.”

No comments: