Tuesday, April 23, 2013

The Upper Room of My Weekend Bonfire: To My Future Wife



[My future wife is Thomas and I got scars - one of them is a redhead I just met]


----------------------/The Upper Room of My Weekend Bonfire: To My Future Wife

I picture my love as a savior of sorts,
a man eager to die for your attention and affection,
a sacrificial propitiation for all the men who cheated on you
chased into a stilted, suffocating room huddled, shoulder to shoulder,
with your deepest fears of unfulfilled romance like traumatized disciples
censuring each other for talking out too loudly;
the prospect of Pharisaical persecution, the armed guards of rejection
marching for romantic bloodshed - looming tensely.
As for me, the jeering and the nails, the betrayals of women in my past life
barbarous like Roman centurions with spears who would lance a dead body
hanging, have crucified my weakened flesh
and hardened my resolve to find the right woman to marry.
(I no longer wilt when spurned or cry when disregarded)
My resurrected hopes of finding true love, amidst the vitriolic hate,
are like prophetic vindications of all that I am,
reaffirming  the beauty and symmetry of my humble intentions
as a young boy with manger-like aspirations to woo
the most beautiful woman in the world.
And I dont heed walls anymore, the barriers and impediments
that try to predetermine the failure of my prospects to win you over –
your age, my race, or my socioeconomic status,
I promise, when the time is right I will instantly appear before you
like I waltzed through rooms with locked doors of opposition, invisibly
miraculously
and you will only have to touch the scars I’ve accrued over the years,
feel the cumulative adversity I’ve have had to endure
to know my commitment for  and to you is eternal. Specifically:
these lacerations on my side, the deep prints of nails in my hands
were given to me by a girl with red hair this past weekend
while talking at a bonfire.


(It hurts that I cant have her, but I guess it just wasnt meant to be - this pain will only sweeten the marital bond between me and my future wife I assume!?) 


 ------------------/John 20:24-29
Now Thomas, called the Twin, one of the twelve, was not with them when Jesus came. The other disciples therefore said to him, “We have seen the Lord.” So he said to them, “Unless I see in His hands the print of the nails, and put my finger into the print of the nails, and put my hand into His side, I will not believe.” And after eight days His disciples were again inside, and Thomas with them. Jesus came, the doors being shut, and stood in the midst, and said, “Peace to you!” Then He said to Thomas, “Reach your finger here, and look at My hands; and reach your hand here, and put it into My side. Do not be unbelieving, but believing. ”And Thomas answered and said to Him, “My Lord and my God!” Jesus said to him, “Thomas, because you have seen Me, you have believed. Blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed.”

No comments: