Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Hiram (Before [sexy green eyed] King Solomon)







* dedicated to Jennifer D.


Jennifer, its been five years since I first penned for you the excitement of my ethereal crush on you; Since (rejecting my overture), I hear you have become engaged to a purportedly [tall] dashing man, a development which I must say I cannot begrudge you for, and have all but abandoned me to the corroded pillars of the fallen empire of my long expired happy memories of us exchanging pleasantries. I will not…, I lack the capability for, even, forgetting your green eyes.  

Yet as if leaving me for dead while you canoodle with your new beau isnt bad enough, how can you betray my broken heart by looking at me intently in the White Flint Mall parking lot? Why not ignore me from now on, rather than dig up and unearth my fragile emotions of the past? WHY NOT IGNORE ME??? DON’T YOU, DON’T….DONT CHU LOOK AT ME!!!! HOW DARE YOU…..(baby).


-------------/Hiram

I helped you build your Kingdom,
grandiose Temple of indomitable self-esteem with the surety of male desire,  
of flattery, cedar of my romantic inducements like doors the cypress of my gazing
serving as the outer court for singing praises embellishing your fashion
your body, your breasts
timber the walls of my reinforcing affections and gold of the earnestness of my ambition
a metaphor for the sincerity and considerable value of my intentionality.
The construction of our rapport together, with its requisite innuendo
and double entendre was a marvel to behold enthralling and drawing the masses
(even your mom knew of our chemistry). We inspired worship of interracial heterosexual affinity
Adam and Eve reunited sans all the bickering before expulsion from Paradise.
In time, commensurate with my attraction
so did my expectations grow in anticipation of us kissing
wed to one another
at the altar of Solomon/ecstasy but I would have contentedly settled for twenty cities-
august- of your undivided attention in the smitten couple’s land of Galilee; lush verdant acres
swanky furnishings elegant architectural design, exotic décor from
peoples formerly conquered – boyfriends you deemed less than me   
Yet, in an instant you left me besmirched:
watching you in the arms of a taller, sterner, robotic man
feels like inheriting shoddy ersatz towns fitting for a leper colony
“What are these cities which you have given me, Jennifer?” in return for my passion
my letters of affinity and proclamations of my devotion?
I asked you out to lunch and you ask me to accept impudence;
Royal chutzpah from an Israelite king who can just ramrod feelings, utter abandonment
as I nurse my wounds of the spurned.  Reluctantly…..
here, take 120 talents of my lasting memories of us making a pact of peace
and concord
but turn around with your new beau and go –
Please don’t ever look at me again


{with your beguiling sexy green eyes….)


---------1 Kings 9:10-14

 It came about at the end of twenty years in which Solomon had built the two houses, the house of the LORD and the king’s house (Hiram king of Tyre had supplied Solomon with cedar and cypress timber and gold according to all his desire), then King Solomon gave Hiram twenty cities in the land of Galilee. So Hiram came out from Tyre to see the cities which Solomon had given him, and they did not please him. He said, “What are these cities which you have given me, my brother?” So they were called the land of Cabul to this day. And Hiram sent to the king 120 talents of gold.

---Seduction, lyrics

Sunlight warms my face only in dreams of you
 I know you'll wait for me...it's been too long
 Beautiful eyes. beautiful lies to dull the pain
 Beautiful eyes, beautiful lies...you're killing me
 I would wait for years just to feel you again
 I will die without you...would you my love?
 Beautiful eyes, beautiful lies pour from your mouth as
 You scream his name...you're killing me

Cries escape your sweet voice as I kiss you one last time
 ...One last time...
 Do you remember me and our beautiful affair?
 Look in my eyes and honestly tell me our love is gone!
 Why have you turned your back on me?
 One day you'll wake up and realize your mistake

Ice runs through my veins as I stand face to face with
 The one who stole it all
 Compassion is not an option

Cries escape your sweet voice as I kiss you one last time
 ...One last time...
 Do you remember me and our beautiful affair?
 Look in my eyes and honestly tell me our love is gone!
 Why have you turned your back on me?
 One day you'll wake up
 Realize your mistake!

In love we're one, inseparable, pathetic lust, thus we crumble
 I saw your eyes, I wiped your tears, I waited for you...

Who do you see with eyes shut tight?
 Regret will be your bride [x3]
 Goodbye...

Do you remember me and our beautiful affair?
 Look in my eyes and honestly tell me our love is gone!
 Why have you turned your back on me?
 One day you'll wake up and realize...
 Cries escape your sweet voice as I paint my own goodbye

No comments: