Monday, April 15, 2013

Aaron’s Dreams and Nightmares





* dedicated to Meek Mill, Dreams and Nightmares

-----------------------/Aaron’s Diary [Part 1] – Aaron’s Dreams and Nightmares – Thoughts While Moses Is Away


Scarab beetles pinch, jackals growl advancing towards me
howling
their eyes glow and mouths froth heralded by foul breath, the stench of death
horrid, the proof of a rich heritage of biting.
They, projecting their thoughts of blood telepathically to me
as emissaries announcing their intent;
a short distance behind them a crescendo builds: the war horn of Egyptian soldiers in lockstep
determinedly follow as I start to hyperventilate yet my limp limbs leaden
are so heavy I cant move, and my voice is so petrified it goes mute…..I cant signal for help.  
On the other side of consciousness my sweet Elisheb
cradling my convulsing body singing– the promises of Moses –
tender cadences of assurance that his return is imminent….
Glory has not forsaken me so I can return to sleeping.
Yet the people beyond my tent, and the tabernacle murmur insurrection
(in my dreams, my nightmares and my waking)
the perilous insecurities of back scars, anger of rebels,
welts on chins from punches from tyrannical warlords, and the shrill screams,
sickening, of babies in continuous squalor haunt them,
and I fear they are one more night from delirium and I one moon removed
from suicide. We need a totem of hope
in the face of adversity to stand strong and resolute like a bull made of gold,
to cultivate an honorable rapport  with the nations flanking us rebuffing
our former oppressors’ rebukes of intimidation – that for those daring enough to defect
there are only skeletons beyond the Red Sea.
As a boy I knew Yahweh not, my scabbed feet callous from building pyramids in hot sand
forty days in his absence has supplanted the bellowing of Pharaoh on opposite shores
exhilaration of impossible feats, the newness of our liberation;
trust in a new God
paranoia is replacing painful patience in the face of an unruly mob of Hebrews…
questioning Moses… (and needing to be placated)
without faith and guidance and prayer and hope we all must return
Im sorry
to the foreign pagan gods we once knew
and may only ever know.

(maybe we were foolish to hope – obtuse to smile)

---------------------Exodus 32:1-6

And when the people saw that Moses delayed to come down out of the mount, the people gathered themselves together unto Aaron, and said unto him, Up, make us gods, which shall go before us; for as for this Moses, the man that brought us up out of the land of Egypt, we wot not what is become of him. And Aaron said unto them, Break off the golden earrings, which are in the ears of your wives, of your sons, and of your daughters, and bring them unto me. And all the people brake off the golden earrings which were in their ears, and brought them unto Aaron. And he received them at their hand, and fashioned it with a graving tool, after he had made it a molten calf: and they said, These be thy gods, O Israel, which brought thee up out of the land of Egypt. And when Aaron saw it, he built an altar before it; and Aaron made proclamation, and said, To morrow is a feast to the Lord. And they rose up early on the morrow, and offered burnt offerings, and brought peace offerings; and the people sat down to eat and to drink, and rose up to play.


-----Dreams and Nightmares Lyrics

Ain't this what they've been waiting for?
 You ready?

I used to pray for times like this, to rhyme like this
 So I had to grind like that to shine like this
 In a matter of time I spent on some locked up s*
 In the back of the paddy wagon, cuffs locked on wrists
 See my dreams unfold, nightmares come true
 It was time to marry the game and I said, "Yeah, I do"
 If you want it you gotta see it with a clear-eyed view
 Got a shorty, she tryna bless me like I said, "Achoo"
 Like a nigga sneezed, nigga please before them triggers squeeze
 I'm gettin' cream, never let them hoes get in between
 Of what we started, lil' nigga but I'm lionhearted
 They love me when I was stuck and they hated when I departed
 I go and get it regardless, draw it like I'm an artist
 No crawling, went straight to walkin' with foreign cars in my garage
 Got foreign b* m*, f*', suckin', and swallowin'
 Anything for a dollar, they tell me get 'em, I got 'em
 I did it without an album
 I did s* with Mariah
 Lil' nigga I'm on fire
 Icy as a hockey rink, Philly nigga I'm Flyer
 When I bought the Rolls Royce they thought it was leased
 Then I bought that new Ferrari, hater rest in peace
 Hater rest in peace, rest in peace to the parking lot
 Phantom so big, it can't even fit in the parking spot
 You ain't talkin' bout my niggas then what you talkin' bout?
 Gangstas move in silence, nigga and I don't talk a lot
 I don't say a word, I don't say a word
 Was on my grind and now I got what I deserve f* nigga
 Hold up wait a minute, y'all thought I was finished?
 When I bought that Aston Martin y'all thought it was rented?
 Flexin' on these niggas, I'm like Popeye on his spinach
 Double M, yeah that's my team, Rozay the captain, I'm the lieutenant
 I'm the type to count a million cash then grind like I'm broke
 That Lambo, my new b*, she'll ride like my ghost
 I'm ridin' around my city with my hands strapped around my toast
 Cause these niggas want me dead and I gotta make it back home
 Cause my momma need that bill money and my son need some milk
 These niggas tryna take my life, they f* around get killed
 You f* around, you f* around, you f* around, get smoked
 Cause these Philly niggas I brought with me don't f* around, no joke
 All I know is murder, when it comes to me
 I got young niggas that's rollin' I got niggas throwin' b's
 I done did the DOAs, I done did the KODs
 Every time I'm in that b* I get to throwin' 30 G's
 Now I'm hanging out that drop head, I'm riding down on Collins
 They let my nigga Ern back home, that young nigga be wildin'
 We young niggas and we mobbin', like Batman and we're robbin' (Robin)
 This 2-door Maybach, with my seat all reclinin'
 I'm like real nigga what up, real nigga what up
 If you ain't about that murder game then p* nigga shut up
 If you diss me in yo' raps, I'll get your p* a* stuck up
 When you touchdown in my hood, no that tour life ain't good
 Catch me down in MIA, at that heat game on wood
 With that Puma life on my feet, like that little engine I could
 Boy I slide down on your block, bike on twelve o'clock
 And they be throwing deuces on the same nigga they watch
 And I'm the king of my city cause I'm still calling them shots
 And these lames talking that bulls* the same niggas that flock
 I'm the same nigga from Berks Street with them nappy braids that lock
 The same nigga that came up and I had to wait for my spot
 And these niggas hating on me, hoes waiting on me
 Still on that hood s*, my Rolls Royce on E
 They gon' remember me, I say remember me
 So much money have ya friends turn into enemies
 And with these beef I turn my enemies to memories
 With them bricks they go from 40 ain't no 10 a key, hold up
 Broke nigga turn rich, love the game like Mitch
 And if I leave you think them pretty hoes gon' still suck my d*?
 It was something 'bout that Rollie when it first touched my wrist
 Had me feeling like that dope boy when he first touched that brick
 I'm gone

No comments: