Wednesday, January 2, 2013

I Want A Colossians Two Kind of Girl, Yo!



* dedicated to my next girlfriend (Ive been single for 13 years guys [no dates either]...sheesh!!!)

-------------------------/My Resurrection Babe

My loneliness is plumes of dust, particles that burn and prick
the irises and jeering from a mob of degenerates preferring
the blood of an innocent man to that of murdering thief abominably
failing in love, falling three times, my prayers for you the only salve; Simon of Cyrene
the last thirteen years have felt like original indwelling sin
requiring my heart to walk these paths
and endure these ills whips from Roman centurions of bitter discontent
a nail of constant lust a nail of cynicism and agnostic doubt
gashing thorns a coronation of addiction to stoic detachment from reality
abandonment the new moniker above my head the girls who passed on me
taunting, “Tony, King of the Jews”….save yourself
impotent
now blood gushes down and vision blurred attempted deciphering in the clouds
calling to the God of Romance, why have you forsaken dreaming?
 (eli eli lama sabachthani)
and bringing me a wife, and that luminous wedding day
dissonance in the black sky and the earth quaking
without a disciple of confidence to sustain me – no dates at all
my Virgin Mother of erotic desire weeping the death of me in her arms
a stone rolled over the mouth of my soul’s amorous tomb
and all of this feels like the Jordan River of time
my shortcomings die I drown
my head held down by John the Baptist of obstinate
refusal to give up on a girl falling in love with me…one day
and my twenties were like a monumental splash
buried before a crowd of bemused onlookers
and you are like a dove from heaven descending, hope’s herald awaiting
the foreskin of rejection cut off with a sharp stone
meeting you will be like resurrection, like rising from a stream
and hearing heaven say with me it is well pleased
like circumcision of all the sordid memories of women walking away
(that awkward silence, the permanence of it all)
Forgiving me for the sin of trying too hard, of doubting your existence
nailing my shame and anxiety to the cruel cross of the past
……in your warm embrace and kiss I will be complete
your love of me will be the head of all principality and power in 2013


-----------Colossians 2:10-14

And ye are complete in him, which is the head of all principality and power: In whom also ye are circumcised with the circumcision made without hands, in putting off the body of the sins of the flesh by the circumcision of Christ: Buried with him in baptism, wherein also ye are risen with him through the faith of the operation of God, who hath raised him from the dead. And you, being dead in your sins and the uncircumcision of your flesh, hath he quickened together with him, having forgiven you all trespasses; Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross

No comments: