Friday, November 20, 2009

Letters to My Husband *


"Let him kiss me with the kisses of his mouth: for thy love is better than wine" Song of Songs 1:2


------------------------[Love Letter to My Husband, dated November 20, 2009 2:45AM]



You forced one eminent mandate on me
to love you with all of my heart
…with all of my being
….with all of my soul…
and in return your love
would rescue me from my bondage, my slavery like loneliness
in a foreign land, in spectacular fashion
parting the Red Sea of impossibility,
(like a God paired with a feeble people)
redeeming me in my frailty
you said your love was like milk, and sweet honey
though my doubts were imposing like the Canaanites
you saved me
and gave me a chance to live

Admittedly
each stage of my life is like an epoch full of drama
but your steady words, soft, and kind
are like prophets and kings to guide me
especially in the hard times
when my heart is taken into captivity by
depression and remorse
and fragmented

You said you would die for me
If that meant we could get married
living hand in hand, side by side forever
in one of your many lavish mansions
to prove your love you even let cruel men flagellate you
and large crowds mock you
for firmly clinging to an unwavering belief
that I would love you in return

and your sweet whispers in my ear at night
feels like washing
feels like purification
from a world that makes me feel so dirty
trust me when I tell you
You are my Savior....and you are.....
my love

[Im happy to be your bride]
(Jesus)

-----------------
Ephesians 5:25-27
Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her to make her holy, cleansing her by the washing with water through the word, and to present her to himself as a radiant church, without stain or wrinkle or any other blemish, but holy and blameless.

Isaiah 54:5
the LORD Almighty is his name—
the Holy One of Israel is your Redeemer;
he is called the God of all the earth.

No comments: