Wednesday, October 14, 2009

I Am The Last King of Judah



[Jennifer I know loving you is fraught with perils but I refuse to listen to pure reason (the prophet Jeremiah) and choose to persist in loving you anyway. The demise of my love for you is certain...but let me savor these remaining moments I have as king (of my fantasies)]


Zedekiah's demise; Jennifer is Gone Forever (Jeremiah 39; 52)
-------


Jeremiah (reason) warned me to surrender
to forfeit love
to let dreams die
Judah (my heart) has been besieged by marauding Chaldeans (pessimists, banishing hope)
my walls surrounded on all sides, pressed
Visions of kissing your lips starving, driven to despair
like residents of Jerusalem huddled together, bowing in prayer...fancying bugs for food
Nebuchadnezzar is the cessation of all good
(Your relationship with your boyfriend)
intent on regicide
destroying my affinity for you like soldiers
ransacking the kings house, the temple, and looting all valuables
burning everything left behind

And I will not so easily let you go Jennifer!
I will not surrender
though my ideals cannot escape
being captured and discomfited in the plains of Jericho
my two sons are like pillars of all that is left of me (My pride and resolve)
Aggrieved in these last days, knowing
you will be married soon
and taken from me
But they are slain before me in Riblah
by your rejection of me
and I am put forever in chains to pessimism and remorse
my eyes are put out for me, no longer able to conjure images of you and me together
as your boyfriend leads me to Babylon


JENNIFER HOW CAN I LET YOU GO? HOW CAN I LIVE WITHOUT YOU?

No comments: