Friday, April 11, 2008

Joel 2:23 (For Lisa)


You are to me a cool autumn breeze
A relief from the sweltering summer sun
The simmering high noon haze of no romance
The thick humidity of loneliness
(sweating unbearably and a parched throat)
My desire for you is a deep thirst
Forever yearning. Beneath its scorching rays
My eyes glaze over - I feel myself fainting
Without your love I will just die
Life is not worth living

You are the brisk air the leaves scattered
I can see my breath as my soul pants for you

The shorter days yield to extended nights
The stars are angels. The constellations are prophets
The moon is a father to me as I dream of you
gazing into the sky as it writes your name
(in the center of my heart)

From now until spring I wish it would rain

From now until spring I wish it would rain

No comments: