Monday, April 28, 2008

I am like Ahab, and I want a BAD girl (sorry nice girls!)


[Hey Ladies, you don't like nice guys? If a guy treats you right you disregard him? Well, guess what? I don’t like nice girls. May God deal with me, be it ever so severely, if I do not marry a bad girl!] *** Dedicated to the memory of Jezebel
------------------------------------------------------------------------
1 Kings 19:2
So Jezebel sent a messenger to Elijah to say, "May the gods deal with me, be it ever so severely, if by this time tomorrow I do not make your life like that of one of them."

There was none who sold himself to do what was evil in the sight of the Lord like Ahab, whom Jezebel his wife incited. 1 Kings 21:25

When Jehu came to Jezreel, Jezebel heard of it. And she painted her eyes and adorned her head and looked out of the window. 2Kings 9:30
-----------------Nice Guys Want Chaos [Jezebel, I Want the Tyranny of Your Love]; Ahab's thoughts after meeting Jezebel----------








Jezebel,
If I was to sit on Israel's throne I would compel you to
sit beside me
your provocative dress embroidered (intricately), with gold earrings shining
your nose ring, your navel ring sparkling
tattoos spread over your body
seducing me,
with painted eyes
to do your will, albeit wickedly. I would wield the kings scepter
but only at your direction
and kiss you, only at your leading (hopefully often)
consider the king’s seal at your disposal
decrees from your pen, will be stamped with my approval
from my heart beguiled
from fantasies
from longings for ecstasy

You say worship Baal
I say worship love
and the exhilaration of your rebellion in my blood;
your black hair is like waves of the deep sea at night overtaking me
being with you is liberation from thought
freedom from cares, from wars and pillaging lepers
lurking on the town's perimeter...from lions on the town’s outskirts
showing their teeth
and famine plaguing the body from decay
the altar of Baal in Samaria
the temple of Baal in a foreign land
are trinkets of my affections, the Asherah Pole erected
is a symbol of my undying adulation for you
disobedience is so sexy because of you, so exotic
I love you baby, more than my own life

And for this, I will die
our reckless kinship will cause all before us to regress into sin
false prophets will die due to lack of fire
righteous ones by the sword
Naboth the Jezreelite will suffocate in a thick wind of stones
this romance will "consume [my] descendants"
"and cut off from [me] every last male in Israel—slave or free"
but know
until my last breath, when an arrow pierces me
"between the sections of my armor"
I will always hold you close
Until I say
"Wheel around and get me out of the fighting. I've been wounded"
I am your soul mate
Forever




[Taken from People.com website:
Lauren Conrad is dating - but nice guys need not apply.

"Nice guys are great to take home to your parents, but you want a guy that keeps you on your toes," The Hills star told PEOPLE Saturday at the White House Correspondents’ Dinner in Washington, D.C.

Is that why the reality star always seems to fall for playboys like Stephen Colletti and Brody Jenner? (Not to mention bad boys like Jason Wahler.) "It's a pattern I have," she admitted.]












1 Kings 21:1-16
Now Naboth the Jezreelite had a vineyard in Jezreel, beside the palace of Ahab king of Samaria. And after this Ahab said to Naboth, "Give me your vineyard, that I may have it for a vegetable garden, because it is near my house, and I will give you a better vineyard for it; or, if it seems good to you, I will give you its value in money." But Naboth said to Ahab, "The Lord forbid that I should give you the inheritance of my fathers." And Ahab went into his house vexed and sullen because of what Naboth the Jezreelite had said to him, for he had said, "I will not give you the inheritance of my fathers." And he lay down on his bed and turned away his face and would eat no food. But Jezebel his wife came to him and said to him, "Why is your spirit so vexed that you eat no food?" And he said to her, "Because I spoke to Naboth the Jezreelite and said to him, 'Give me your vineyard for money, or else, if it please you, I will give you another vineyard for it.' And he answered, 'I will not give you my vineyard.'" And Jezebel his wife said to him, "Do you now govern Israel? Arise and eat bread and let your heart be cheerful; I will give you the vineyard of Naboth the Jezreelite." So she wrote letters in Ahab's name and sealed them with his seal, and she sent the letters to the elders and the leaders who lived with Naboth in his city. And she wrote in the letters, "Proclaim a fast, and set Naboth at the head of the people. And set two worthless men opposite him, and let them bring a charge against him, saying, 'You have cursed God and the king.' Then take him out and stone him to death." And the men of his city, the elders and the leaders who lived in his city, did as Jezebel had sent word to them. As it was written in the letters that she had sent to them, they proclaimed a fast and set Naboth at the head of the people. And the two worthless men came in and sat opposite him. And the worthless men brought a charge against Naboth in the presence of the people, saying, "Naboth cursed God and the king." So they took him outside the city and stoned him to death with stones. Then they sent to Jezebel, saying, "Naboth has been stoned; he is dead." As soon as Jezebel heard that Naboth had been stoned and was dead, Jezebel said to Ahab, "Arise, take possession of the vineyard of Naboth the Jezreelite, which he refused to give you for money, for Naboth is not alive, but dead." And as soon as Ahab heard that Naboth was dead, Ahab arose to go down to the vineyard of Naboth the Jezreelite, to take possession of it.

2 Kings 9:30-37
When Jehu came to Jezreel, Jezebel heard of it. And she painted her eyes and adorned her head and looked out of the window. And as Jehu entered the gate, she said, "Is it peace, you Zimri, murderer of your master?" And he lifted up his face to the window and said, "Who is on my side? Who?" Two or three eunuchs looked out at him. He said, "Throw her down." So they threw her down. And some of her blood spattered on the wall and on the horses, and they trampled on her. Then he went in and ate and drank. And he said, "See now to this cursed woman and bury her, for she is a king's daughter." But when they went to bury her, they found no more of her than the skull and the feet and the palms of her hands. When they came back and told him, he said, "This is the word of the Lord, which he spoke by his servant Elijah the Tishbite, 'In the territory of Jezreel the dogs shall eat the flesh of Jezebel, and the corpse of Jezebel shall be as dung on the face of the field in the territory of Jezreel, so that no one can say, This is Jezebel.'"

1 Kings 19:1-2
Now Ahab told Jezebel everything Elijah had done and how he had killed all the prophets with the sword. So Jezebel sent a messenger to Elijah to say, "May the gods deal with me, be it ever so severely, if by this time tomorrow I do not make your life like that of one of them."

1 Kings 16:29-31
In the thirty-eighth year of Asa king of Judah, Ahab son of Omri became king of Israel, and he reigned in Samaria over Israel twenty-two years. Ahab son of Omri did more evil in the eyes of the LORD than any of those before him. He not only considered it trivial to commit the sins of Jeroboam son of Nebat, but he also married Jezebel daughter of Ethbaal king of the Sidonians, and began to serve Baal and worship him.

No comments: