Monday, April 9, 2018

The Birth Of A (Revolutionary) Nation


* Spirit Of Jesus pray for me
* Elijah, Holy Church pray for me
* Saints pray for me
*  Dedicated to #IamElijah

+-----The Birth Of A (Revolutionary) Nation; Elijah's Thoughts In The Kerith Ravine

I cant sleep through the night
anymore, a wolf in the desert
wrested from the pack. I cant
bear the deafening apoplectic shrieks,
the self flagellation of faux temple
priests of Baal with knives of ritual
on lunar festivals. Their dried blood
staining the vestibule to abutting
roads. Phantoms dashing at night-
children’s faces beseeching me
for deliverance from altar-fires.   
And I speak of Israel...not Canaan.
The consequences of this black
heart of our King apostate: no
food or water in the Kingdom. If it
weren’t for the ravens, I wouldn’t even
have bread. So the revolution begins.


------1 Kings 17:1-6
Now Elijah the Tishbite, from Tishbe in Gilead, said to Ahab, “As the Lord, the God of Israel, lives, whom I serve, there will be neither dew nor rain in the next few years except at my word.” Then the word of the Lord came to Elijah: “Leave here, turn eastward and hide in the Kerith Ravine, east of the Jordan. You will drink from the brook, and I have directed the ravens to supply you with food there.”So he did what the Lord had told him. He went to the Kerith Ravine, east of the Jordan, and stayed there. The ravens brought him bread and meat in the morning and bread and meat in the evening, and he drank from the brook.

No comments: