Saturday, November 11, 2017

Dancing With Wolves (Of Greatness)


* Spirit Of Jesus pray for me
* Moses, Joseph, Peter Holy Church pray for me
* Saints pray for me
*  Dedicated to #IamJoseph

+------ Dancing With Wolves (Of Greatness); Joseph's Retelling Of His Dreams To His Brothers

Brothers, when I hear wolves howling
before we slumber, only a stone’s
throw from these tents, I haven’t any
fear… ‘tis an invitation
to abscond from prescibed ranks of humans.
In my dreams, their macabre
show of fangs like prophecy,
and growling, desire. So when we bind
sheaves of grain in fields I process
prey/predator. In all things the fur on
my neck stands erect, I visualize that
stark dichotomization; Noah sneering at all
all scoffers before the flood. And…I
don’t know what it all means, but in dreams
your sheaves always bow before
mine standing upright. You…the whole world
even…bows before me. The terror
of being hunted (by my destiny, greater).

------Genesis 37:3-7
Now Israel loved Joseph more than any of his other sons, because he had been born to him in his old age; and he made an ornate robe for him. When his brothers saw that their father loved him more than any of them, they hated him and could not speak a kind word to him. Joseph had a dream, and when he told it to his brothers, they hated him all the more. He said to them, “Listen to this dream I had: We were binding sheaves of grain out in the field when suddenly my sheaf rose and stood upright, while your sheaves gathered around mine and bowed down to it.”

No comments: