Tuesday, September 12, 2017

Fishers Of Men


* Spirit Of Jesus pray for me
* Matthew, Holy Church pray for me
* Saints pray for me
*  Dedicated to #Jesus

+------Fishers Of Men; Jesus' Appeal To Peter And Andrew

The fish, they don’t
deserve this – contrariety.
To dance with deception
shrouded, birds of prey nestled
in dark moon-clouds philosophizing
on death from Mount Olympus; Fate’s
descent in a swoop. To sleep with
one eye open for furor of Leviathan,
resisting undertow of his wide mouth
capriciously agape. A ballad to Poseidon.
And then to deal with you- full of pablum,
frayed trawl with tangled rock. Fishing but
not. Adrift on a boat, but with souls
drowning in seas of a life unfulfilled.
Come, follow me – fish for men, a life
of intrigue, mystique, well-lived instead.

------Matthew 4:18-20
As Jesus was walking beside the Sea of Galilee, he saw two brothers, Simon called Peter and his brother Andrew. They were casting a net into the lake, for they were fishermen. “Come, follow me,” Jesus said, “and I will send you out to fish for people.” At once they left their nets and followed him.

No comments: