Tuesday, September 27, 2016

The Secret Lives Of Trees


* Spirit Of Jesus pray for me
* Simon, Matthew pray for me
* Saints pray for me
* Dedicated to #IamSimon

+--------The Secret Lives Of Trees; The Thoughts Of Simon Of Cyrene Before He  Picked Up Jesus' Cross

Every piece of wood tells
a story, the pain of an axe
head in resin tears, the pain of
dying. Chopped bark, flying chips
wail from their heart-roots,
inconsolable at losing a forest
community, no more catharsis
of thrush chirping, forever- now
nailed and tied together to facilitate
Roman torture, now suffused
with an innocent Man’s blood barely
walking, breathing. I can hear its
tree whispers: “pick me up. It was
destined that all men carry me
for their salvation.”
 
------Matthew 27:32
And as they came out, they found a man of Cyrene, Simon by name: him they compelled to bear his cross.

No comments: