Monday, September 5, 2016

If I Ruled The World #IamJabez


* Jesus pray for me
* Jabez, Jude pray for me
* Dedicated to #Jabez

+------------If I Ruled The World; The Emo Prayer of Jabez (In 2016)

Im too familiar with mundane
melodies of melancholy mediocrities
of men, mourning-like, beneath
the moon; of God’s peoples’ humdrum,
hapless harp strung comparisons of life
now to Joshua and Moses’s triumphal
march to the opposite bank
of the Red Sea, girls dancing. All we do
is shear sheep, slam fists against
tambourines when everyone sleeps
jittering for excuses to blow horns of war,
to sharpen curved swords for Philistine
blood and not wool, share Joshua’s
tabernacle glory. Oh God give me
more…enlarge my territory to fit
my heart’s dreams! I want to cradle
the world, trembling hands that pulse
with Kings' blood.....Just, please,
keep me from harm.

-----------------1 Chronicles 4:9-10
Jabez was more honorable than his brothers. His mother had named him Jabez, saying, “I gave birth to him in pain.” Jabez cried out to the God of Israel, “Oh, that you would bless me and enlarge my territory! Let your hand be with me, and keep me from harm so that I will be free from pain.” And God granted his request.

No comments: