Friday, June 13, 2014

Womb Party Disinvite

[The setting: A quaint first century hut in Judah encased by steep rolling hills. Sheep and goats graze freely and capriciously on the hillsides but usually only a few feet from their stern, often worn out, and protective shepherds. A spattering of Roman soldiers pass hither and thither through the countryside en route to their garrisons.  Mary has just arrived and warmly greeted her cousin Elizabeth. Tony, rather abruptly, stumbles therein and startles the two ladies]

Tony: LADIES, LADIES!!!! AHEM!!!!

[Tony realizes he is loud and lowers his voice]

Tony: ahem.... ladies...!!! What am I? Chopped suey?

Mary and Elizabeth (perplexed):...................

Tony: .....I mean, what, yall ladies gonna have a party and yall aint gonna invite me? MANNN!!! WHAT UP WITH DAT YO??? I BE TRYINGZ TO PARTY TOO!!! SON SON!!!

Mary: ....uhhhh Tony, this is, firstly a family gathering, and secondly predicated on our shared pregnancies..

Tony (blushing): .....oh.

Mary and Elizabeth (staring quietly):.............

Tony (getting flustered): ....oh...OH I SEE! SO BECAUSE I AINT NO WOMAN AND I AINT PREGNANT YALL SAYING I CANT COME TO THE WOMB PARTY???!!!!!! WELL...WELL.....SHOOT AT LEAST LET A BROTHA HAVE SOME CORNBREAD AND WATERMELON, HOMIE!!! ...shoot I traveled here all the way from ROCKVILLE, MARYLAND SON!
[Jesus (and John the Baptist) glares at Tony from inside Mary's Womb, sending Tony strong telepathic signals to leave]

Tony (taking the cue from Jesus): ......errr.....on second thought...IM OUT!!!! PEACE OUT LADIES!!! GA GA GOO GOO AND ALL THAT GOOD STUFF!!!
[Tony runs off]

[Mary and Elizabeth look at each other quizzically for a few seconds and then resume their conversation as recorded in the Bible]

No comments: